Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i think my bf is cheating on me so i made a fake online profile on this site he uses. i know this is bad but i had to find out. he's been chatting to this fake person a lot and i wanted to see how far he would go. he leaves lots of flirty and sexual messages and i now want to send a message asking if he wants to meet up with this person for casual sex only. this person lives close by and earlier he did hint at meeting but i dont know for sex or not. should i do it? will it prove thats hes ok with cheating?

ReputationRep:
    cheating is different for every person. you have to ask yourself - is what he's doing (sending sexual messages to other girls, hinting at meetings) already cheating for you? or would only sex be cheating?
    why not simply ask him what he's doing on this page? ask him outright if he's flirting. if he's denying it - and thereby lying to you - you have your answer. he might not cheat on you sexually but he'd be definitely lying to you which might even be worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i think my bf is cheating on me so i made a fake online profile on this site he uses. i know this is bad but i had to find out. he's been chatting to this fake person a lot and i wanted to see how far he would go. he leaves lots of flirty and sexual messages and i now want to send a message asking if he wants to meet up with this person for casual sex only. this person lives close by and earlier he did hint at meeting but i dont know for sex or not. should i do it? will it prove thats hes ok with cheating?
    He must be incredibly naive and stupid to be going on the internet trying to push above his weight I would assume to do this. How does he not know he is talking to a fake profile,lol....aren't alarm bells ringing yet... dump him.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him you'll meet him for sex, then wait there cross-armed like that episode of Family Guy where Peter's call-girl is Lois.
    Slap him, then leave.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly have trust issues with him. That's not to say it's in anyway your fault, it looks a lot more like it's his fault, but if you can't trust him can you have a relationship with him? I mean a meaningful one?

Either you don't trust him and he's cheating, or you don't trust him and he's not. I'm not sure how the relationship can blossom.

ReputationRep:
    From a behavioral point of view what you've done sounds a lot like entrapment. Especially if you've been setting up conversations and responding to flirtatious messages... It's like putting a piece of red beef in front of a wolf.

I would say try and give him the evidence. I would then break up with him. It would teach him a lesson he'll NEVER forget.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.