The Student Room Group

Italian AS or EPQ?

Heya there! Wondering which one would be more highly seen by universities (UCAS points?) I would be picking either one up in A2 year.

Thank you!
Depends on what uni course you wish to study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something with business and perhaps marketing, do you know which one carries the highest amount of UCAS points?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For EPQ:
A* - 70
A - 60
B -50
C - 40
D -30
E -20

For AS Italian
A - 60
B - 50
C - 40
D - 30
E - 20

Since you want to do business at uni, id go with the EPQ as you can focus that on something business related. although uni rarely include EPQ in their offers, they do look at it; saying that they also rarely include AS levels in offers
Italian definitely.
Languages are so well respected and sought for, they're brilliant too!

Also, in terms of UCAS points they're worth the same, however the A* is possible in the EPQ... Which isn't available at AS :smile:
Ok thank you, so really I could get more UCAS points from the EPQ which is essentially a lot less work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlieejobson
Ok thank you, so really I could get more UCAS points from the EPQ which is essentially a lot less work!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll only be 10 more points if you got an A*!!!

I personally think Italian is the best one to do :smile:
EPQ, it's nice to have a change from A levels! And you can tailor it to your own personal interests.
Okay thank you for your advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't make the decision on the basis of UCAS points. If it's a choice between an EPQ and Italian AS (assuming you can achieve very good grades in both) I'd go with Italian without a doubt since languages are very well respected by Universities.
Reply 10
EPQ goes up to A* and is better regarded by most uni's as it is uni style independent work :smile:
Italian would be a lot more work, as I'd be starting the course as nearly a beginner. Therefore may take time from other subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest