The Student Room Group

tired and feel drunk without drinking

This is basically my state of mind most days. Soemtimes flat-ou exhausted but mostly this dazed, disoriented feeling where my reaction times are slowed, my memory foggy and I get weird thoughts and feeligns which stress me out. Sorry if I miss things on the keyboard, my hands aren't going where they should.
Also my eyes are a bit sore and dry. It's been like this for around a year.

I wonder whether I don't get enough sleep/early enough sleep because and I can't even remember when this started but pretty sure going to bed at 1 or 2 most nights dosn't help. I get a solid 6 hours most nights but still feel this drunk feeling.
have anxiety too so it could be that but I don't remember that causing me to feel drunk all the time when it started.
It could also be my Fluoxetine making me drowsy but I only have a small dose

Oh and no I haven't been drinking :tongue: my last alcoholic drink was a half 2 weeks ago which caused me to hit my head on the table

don't know what to do guys
One of my friends was just like this! She had a blood test, and they worked out she was ever so slightly anaemic which is what was causing the drowsiness. She has more recently been put on iron tablets and changed her diet and is much more aware of things. It might not be the same cause, but think about your diet. Tiredness can be caused by not eating the right foods such as fruit and vegetables, and eating too many fatty fast-food type meals. Make sure you drink plenty as this can make you feel tired as well.

Also the late nights repeatedly really won't be helping! I don't think I need to suggest how you could help yourself there!

If checking your diet doesn't help then it might be an idea to request a blood test and talk to your doctor about any possible causes. Rather than just listening to what they list, ask specifically for them to list to you what can cause drowsiness as you have described it, even if it may not be related to you, and you might hear something that you've changed over the past year or so that you didn't realise had affected you in that way.
Original post by Anonymous
This is basically my state of mind most days. Soemtimes flat-ou exhausted but mostly this dazed, disoriented feeling where my reaction times are slowed, my memory foggy and I get weird thoughts and feeligns which stress me out. Sorry if I miss things on the keyboard, my hands aren't going where they should.
Also my eyes are a bit sore and dry. It's been like this for around a year.

I wonder whether I don't get enough sleep/early enough sleep because and I can't even remember when this started but pretty sure going to bed at 1 or 2 most nights dosn't help. I get a solid 6 hours most nights but still feel this drunk feeling.
have anxiety too so it could be that but I don't remember that causing me to feel drunk all the time when it started.
It could also be my Fluoxetine making me drowsy but I only have a small dose

Oh and no I haven't been drinking :tongue: my last alcoholic drink was a half 2 weeks ago which caused me to hit my head on the table

don't know what to do guys
yeah ive had the fuzzy head feeling for a while too now, doing a blood test tomorrow. it's called "brain fog" (researched this yesterday) - i stopped smoking weed thinking that was the reason i felt retarded every day but apparently my thyroid glands are playing up or something

buy some 5-htp (no prescription needed). it works a charm. it has no side-effects since all it does it encourage the brain to release some natural chemical (serretonin or some ****) and widely used as an anti-depressant. pop one of these and ur day gets better (can't explain it, just does). definitely helps the fuzziness a bit

edit: with regards to the post above me - my mum is anaemic and experienced the same thing (probably the case with me too). they gave her iron tablets which stopped the brain fog
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest