Report 12 years ago
damn..u knocked her up son...dont be no dead beat daddy now
Marie05
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sheen)
if shes set on having the baby i dont see how you can change her mind.
does she really think she will be able to cope?
how do you think both your rents will take it?
she cannot make a decision like this on her own. That would be selfish of her to do so. The child is 50% hers and 50% his. He must have a say and this must be discussed between the two of them.
troubled_guy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ok so i'm not saying If she chose to keep it i would just run off and leave her but i'm 16! I do not want to be a father at 16! I don't know **** about the world as I am, how am I going to raise a well-balanced kid?

I don't like the idea of abortion but I have to consider it as the main option in my circumstances...I'm not ready for this...
bcr8iv
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by troubled_guy)
We'd been using condoms untill a month ago when she went on the pill
Seeing each other for 9 months now
If she's three months pregnant and you were using condoms prior to this time...how come she's pregnant?? You don't just become pregnant, unless you're the Virgin Mary or someone with two duck-feathered pillows up their top
amie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dan1982)
I dont mean to be harsh, but i think some of you suggesting adoption is rediculous. He not 10, 16 is still young yes, but old enough.

I think he should buck up and think about being a father and how good it will be, buckle down and get money. Start a life, it has been done before.
Im gona step away now and say one thing.

GOOD LUCK, and congrats.
I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. Why is adoption so ridiculous? It's no more ridiculous than abortion, surely. And I can understand why he would want to explore those avenues - I'm almost 19 and I wouldn't be able to "buck up" and become a mother now, I'm far too immature still, I'm in the middle of my education, I have no financial stability, and I can barely look after myself, let alone a baby!

No, I don't think adoption is ridiculous at all. It has the potential to give both the parents and baby a better life in the long run.
Troy :0)
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ok so i'm not saying If she chose to keep it i would just run off and leave her but i'm 16! I do not want to be a father at 16! I don't know **** about the world as I am, how am I going to raise a well-balanced kid?

I don't like the idea of abortion but I have to consider it as the main option in my circumstances...I'm not ready for this...

Well **** happens and you got to deal with it. You'll learn quickly.
Sheen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Marie05)
she cannot make a decision like this on her own. That would be selfish of her to do so. The child is 50% hers and 50% his. He must have a say and this must be discussed between the two of them.
yeah i know its half his and half hers...but as we can see he doesnt want the baby and wants to go to uni and stuff.
if they stay together and she has the baby im expecting the baby and her with live at home with her rents.
does she think she can cope with sleepness nights, being there for the baby at all time, not having a life anymore.
who knows maybe he can move in and help out
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
Just a question - how are you doing your A-levels at 16?

She needs to go to the doctor and sort this out. If she's been having stomach pains then thats not necessarily a good sign.
sahsum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

So you're not entirely sure if she's pregnant because you mentioned earlier she is taking a test tomorrow?
Even though you can't make her have an abortion make sure she knows that it is strongly what you want her to do and tell her your reasons. Advice is great but at the end of the day its your own gut feeling that is most important. If I had fallen pregnant at 16 I am fairly sure I would have had an abortion. Its her body blah blah blah but also your responsibility, so don't just leave it to her to decide.
troubled_guy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm in my first year and i'm one of the youngest in my year at college
Marie05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Best of luck with everything, sorry i cant give any decent advice i can only imagine what you're going through. And i think since you have an exam tomorrow, you should get a good nights sleep
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

It's amazing how people can adapt to their circumstances. At the end of the day any decision regarding adoption/abortion/keeping the child can be made by you two and you two only, as you're the two people responsible. The only way you can make this decision is by communicating with each other and maybe a counsellor who can help you discuss all the options availlable to you. I suggest you make an appointment with your GP asap so you know all the facts on the options availlable - that way you can make an informed decision.

As far as A-Levels and uni goes, it's possible to take a year out in the middle of your a-levels and then return to complete your A2 year. Working for a year would allow you to save enough money to provide for the child and also give you time to spend with your girlfriend in the later stages of the pregnancy and after the birth so you can provide support and build a relationship with the child. Have you considered the Open University as a way of doing your degree? This would allow you to be around for your child, to be earning money, and also gain the qualification you want.

Whatever you decide, good luck to you. You seem very mature for your age, and I hope everything works out.
troubled_guy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Probably a good idea to get some sleep, though I have a slightly restless mind at the moment
And thanks for the advice everybody.

I'll go "punch her in the stomach very hard" tomorrow

Night night folks
Minstrel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
yeh great advice dip ****, its happened now so no point bashing them for being stupid.

point well taken but u've missed the focus of my post - people actually praising the idiot for being 'mature'.
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Probably a good idea to get some sleep, though I have a slightly restless mind at the moment

Night night folks
Good luck with your exam
Marie05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Night night folks
good night and good luck with sorting this out and your exams!
PlayboyBunny
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do what Marie05 says - wait 'til you're 17 then do it.
zain88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Minstrel)
point well taken but u've missed the focus of my post - people actually praising the idiot for being 'mature'.
he is being mature in the way he is handling the situation. do you suggest any improvements in the way he is handling things?
Sheen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Minstrel)
but he is being mature and wanting to deal with the suituation, rather than run away from it like some guys would.
troubled_guy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I realise and accept that I'm in deep **** but I took all precautions I could have taken and as for the baby, I agree that I couldn't be a good father to it at my age but, being male and all, I ultimatly have no real say in the matter so all I can do is try and persuade, and if I fail try and be as good a father as I can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads