The Student Room Group

AS chemistry qualitative test

Tomorrow i will be retaking my AS chemistry qualitative to try to get 10/10. Our teacher gave us a hint that one of the questions involves ammonia turning red litmus paper blue. If anybody has already done this test what other experiments come up?
Dan :smile:
Reply 1
She also said there was a particularly hard or unusual question. Any idea what question it was? :biggrin:
Dan
I'm doing this qualitative tomorrow as well! I'm worried about the "unusual" question!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're not allowed to talk about that kind of stuff it's an exam!

I've done the Edexcel ones. Just make sure you learn all the tests; with Edexcel you don't need to necessarily remember how to perform the tests, they give you clear instructions, but you do need to recognise what each test is for (eg this test uses Brady's reagent so I know I'm testing for a carboxyl group) and be able to interpret the results.

Make sure you can interpret mass spectra, infrared spectroscopy, and NMR, and that you can translate your spectra and test results into specific straight chain and cyclic compounds.
And good luck!
I don't know what exam board this is but im with OCR A and I think I did this one.
I got 8/10
It was pretty straight forward, just jotting down observations
Nothing dodgy
Make sure you know how to write ionic equations
Thats about it

Quick Reply

Latest