Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For the last 2 months or so my boobs have been constantly feeling sore/swollen. I'm pretty small so it's not a major problem but I can feel them if I run/go downstairs and they hurt if I press them etc. They also look quite veiny which they never have before. The only other time this happened was when I first went on the pill 3 years ago...I can't imagine it could be related to that now as I've been on it for so long with no issues! I'm 24 years old so I doubt it's because they're growing (wishful thinking!) - I'm worried it's due to some sort of underlying hormonal problem, but I just wanted to know if any other girls had experienced this before I go to the doctors (because it's a bit embarrassing and all!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    For the last 2 months or so my boobs have been constantly feeling sore/swollen. I'm pretty small so it's not a major problem but I can feel them if I run/go downstairs and they hurt if I press them etc. They also look quite veiny which they never have before. The only other time this happened was when I first went on the pill 3 years ago...I can't imagine it could be related to that now as I've been on it for so long with no issues! I'm 24 years old so I doubt it's because they're growing (wishful thinking!) - I'm worried it's due to some sort of underlying hormonal problem, but I just wanted to know if any other girls had experienced this before I go to the doctors (because it's a bit embarrassing and all!)
    get measured properly, sounds like your boobs have changed size and you're in the wrong bra.

http://voluptuouslythin.wordpress.com/measure-yourself/

I can feel my boobs if I run or go down the stairs and I'm not in a well fitting bra.

ReputationRep:
    How do you feel in yourself otherwise?

(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    get measured properly, sounds like your boobs have changed size and you're in the wrong bra.

http://voluptuouslythin.wordpress.com/measure-yourself/

I can feel my boobs if I run or go down the stairs and I'm not in a well fitting bra.
    Haha according to that I'm a 28D...hilarious. I can barely fill a B cup! I think measuring in that way works best for girls with larger busts perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Haha according to that I'm a 28D...hilarious. I can barely fill a B cup! I think measuring in that way works best for girls with larger busts perhaps?
    You'd be surprised, not all D cups are equal. All D means is that your bust is 4" bigger than your underbust

http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/...ze-biusty2.jpg

http://www.brabandproject.com/galler...&search=Search

The size changes with the band. So a 38D is bigger than a 28D. Because 4" bigger than 38 is 42, and 4 " bigger than 28 is 32.

28D cups. 28D holds the same volume as 30C 32B and 34A. It's just made for someone on a smaller frame with closer boobs, whereas 34A is for a larger person with wider boobs. I've explained that badly haha

Seriously, you'll be amazed what a difference a well fitting bra makes.

ReputationRep:
    Does someone maybe need to take a pee on a stick?

(Original post by DuncanMono)
    Does someone maybe need to take a pee on a stick?
    haha, you need to have sex to be pregnant

ReputationRep:
    This thread came up on the sidebar and I couldn't muster the willpower to ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    haha, you need to have sex to be pregnant
    My sister managed it sharing the bath water with her husband

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. I'm sure your sister never had sex with her husband

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    You'd be surprised, not all D cups are equal. All D means is that your bust is 4" bigger than your underbust

http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/...ze-biusty2.jpg

http://www.brabandproject.com/galler...&search=Search

The size changes with the band. So a 38D is bigger than a 28D. Because 4" bigger than 38 is 42, and 4 " bigger than 28 is 32.

28D cups. 28D holds the same volume as 30C 32B and 34A. It's just made for someone on a smaller frame with closer boobs, whereas 34A is for a larger person with wider boobs. I've explained that badly haha

Seriously, you'll be amazed what a difference a well fitting bra makes.
    This

Most people don't understand how bra sizing works, and assume d+ is huge. It often isn't and people wear the wrong size thinking they're too big or to small to be what they are.

Whats more important than the actual size is the way it fits... Bravissimo have a good video demonstrating how a bra should fit, which is much more important than measuring.

ReputationRep:
    What was she doing? Washing out her cervix in a *** filled bath?

ReputationRep:
    Any other medical problems or symptoms that you've noticed? Any discharge from your nipple? When was your last period (also any chance you could be pregnant?)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    This

Most people don't understand how bra sizing works, and assume d+ is huge. It often isn't and people wear the wrong size thinking they're too big or to small to be what they are.

Whats more important than the actual size is the way it fits... Bravissimo have a good video demonstrating how a bra should fit, which is much more important than measuring.

Someone who knows! Bravissimo is the most beautiful shop ever.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.