what the hell is wrong with me? why do i do this? Watch

star87
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
This guy I was sort of seeing messed me about, he was one min i wanna be with you, then the next he didnt, then he did then he didnt. then things became awkward because we stopped seeing each other on a bad note. he invited me out on a night out (which i found wierd anyway) and i went, and he was all over this girl and doing all the things he used to do to me flirting/attention-seeking wise to her RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and it made me feel sick. but today and the other day i text him being all sooo nice to him and now i feel like an idiot. i dont understand why i do this i feel like such a mug, it shouldnt be me contacting him and being nice but i do it anyway. whats wrong with me?
zain88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe you are just craving the attention? Or you are subconsciously trying to draw him to you with your niceness. ie by being nice you are hoping he will like you and give you attention. what do you think?
zain88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
that's not a rhetorical question, im genuinely asking
star87
yeah i guess so...i miss him the way he was. but i feel so stupid now, i cant say anything now by the way he's treated me because ive been so nice. i do still like him. oh i dunno.
ladygrey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've been there... almost the exact same situation for 1.5 years. Unfortunately, it doesn't get better unless you pull yourself out... my guy like that is now dating one of my ex-best friends. If he doesnt treat you well, he's not worth your time. I know the feeling of "oh, maybe if im nicer" or "i can change him" but you cant... just let go. so hard, but has to be done.
zain88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
definitely agree. it's the way the human brain works, wants what it can't get! it's the "treat her mean keep her keen" psychology going on! just LET HIM GO once and for all. do not EVER run back to him. It lowers your self respect and dignity. You do not like him. i can honestly say that with so much confidence even though i don't know you. in a few months time you will look back and laugh at all this. go out with your girlfriends, have a laugh, get to know some new guys. Is he the best guy in the world? No. So don't bother your cotton socks with him.
pendragon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Forget about him, I bet there are tons of guys you will meet who would be happy to have you and treat you right.
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
bluh that was the impression my friends had when I still messaged my ******* (excuse me) of an ex boyfriend. all I wanted was to remain on friendly terms but everyone thought I was trying to get him back. Now he did the final straw and I stopped talking to him.

I say forget about guys who mess around with you. Usually, in this case, I say WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT AND TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT IT IS??!!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why would you want to be nice to a guy who treated you like that? He is obviously an immature loser. Don't waste your time on him.
Nyx
Report 12 years ago
The guy's being an arse, and quite probably KNOWS he's being an arse, and thinks he can get away with it because you'll keep running after him despite how much of a **** he is to you. Forget about him, you can do much better.
Bunny Boiler
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe you have deep feelings for him that you won't admit to yourself...

And subconciously you are playing out these feelings but are not aware of it...
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Kick him in the nuts next time you see him, it will make you feel better
bedbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Delete his number from your phone. If he wants to see/talk to you then he can make the first move.

If you're constantly texting him then he's in total control, everything is on his terms. Not a good position to be in.
Chase Me
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
See, this is where my girl mates fall down. They think they're seeing a guy, when really he's just shagging her. Yet they still crawl back. The problem with most girls is they are in love with the idea of being in love. So if they think there's a slight chance the guy likes them, they'll do anything to spend more time with them and try to make them like them more.

That's usually when I step in and say, 'Mate, you're being a prick, and she might not see it but everyone else does, if you've got any heart at all you'll **** off and leave her alone all together'.
ladygrey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chase Me)
See, this is where my girl mates fall down. They think they're seeing a guy, when really he's just shagging her. Yet they still crawl back. The problem with most girls is they are in love with the idea of being in love. So if they think there's a slight chance the guy likes them, they'll do anything to spend more time with them and try to make them like them more.

That's usually when I step in and say, 'Mate, you're being a prick, and she might not see it but everyone else does, if you've got any heart at all you'll **** off and leave her alone all together'.
that's spot on, i must say. cheers.
star87
Hey peeps thanks for the replies, I really am trying to get over him. Dont know if i can start being horrible though because it kinda contradicts me being nice the other day. He doesn't contact me ever anymore, I think that's why I contact him :s But im gonna stop try and stop it now, even though I do still really like him even though he's been soo horrible. I am an idiot sometimes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (83)
39.15%
No - but I will (10)
4.72%
No - I don't want to (14)
6.6%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (105)
49.53%

Watched Threads