Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What happens if the tuition fee is over the maximum amount they give to students? When would I have to pay the rest to the university?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You start shouting like Vegeta.

I don't think it CAN go over £9000 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You start shouting like Vegeta.

I don't think it CAN go over £9000 though.
    It can't unless it's a private university in which case they can charge what they like.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabian92)
    It can't unless it's a private university in which case they can charge what they like.
    There many private unis in the UK? Genuine question, I've never looked in to that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    There many private unis in the UK? Genuine question, I've never looked in to that!
    Until this year there was only one - the charitably run Buckingham. This year saw the College of Law become a full university with a profit-making model, offering law degrees.

As far as I know they aren't shown in any league tables, however Buckingham is supposed to be just average.

A couple of years back there was a lot of fanfare about the New College of the Humanities, however this does not have its own degree-awarding powers and bums off the University of London International Programmes, so you get a UoL degree.

ReputationRep:
    The rules cover some private institutions, it's not specifically private universities. It can be an accredited course, but at a private institute that wallops people with fees. See some dance/drama courses in particular.

ReputationRep:
    Guys its UEL thought

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashisnotonfire)
    Guys its UEL thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What course is this? Do you have a link to a web page for it?

Undergraduate courses in public universities can't be charged at more than £9,000 per year.

Postgraduate taught courses can be charged at any rate and have no core financial support. Postgraduate research courses can be charged at any rate but are very often funded through grants, bursaries, and scholarships.

ReputationRep:
    Are you an EU student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharp910sh)
    Are you an EU student?
    Location is Portugal. You might be on to something there...

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god guys, I saw the wrong page I guess. UEL tuition fee for undergraduates is £9,000. Thank you anyway guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.