Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in secondary school and was wondering if someone(who knows about dentistry and universities)would be able to answer a few questions.

Questions:
    -what gsce requirements do I roughly need to get into a dental school?
    - what university's have the best dental centre?
    - what gcse and A-level subjects would you recommend?

I'd also appreciate it if you could give me some tips, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taylor ingham)
    I am currently in secondary school and was wondering if someone(who knows about dentistry and universities)would be able to answer a few questions.

Questions:
    -what gsce requirements do I roughly need to get into a dental school?
    - what university's have the best dental centre?
    - what gcse and A-level subjects would you recommend?

I'd also appreciate it if you could give me some tips, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi!

1) GCSE requirements vary from school to school, on average i would strive for around at least 2-3A*s - however, getting lower doesn't mean you can't get in. I would try and get as many A*/A grades as possible! Bs and Cs are not murderous, but will hinder your application.

2) Best dental care? I'm not sure sorry

3)GCSEs i would recommend triple science or double, this will help you for A-levels. Also i would choose Art. This will allow you to show Manual Dexterity on your PS and interview. The other GCSE choices don't matter. Whatever you enjoy and can get the best grades in!

AS levels, Definately Biology and Chemistry at the bare minimum. The other two don't matter too much, as long as they are not 'soft' subjects. Pick 2 other academic subjects which are deemed to be seen as 'hard' subjects by university. Pick which you will get the best grades in!

Tips: Get as much Work Experience as possible, in as many specialities as possible whilst learning as much as possible. Do some extra curricular to show your team work skills, manual dexterity, communication skills.

Volunteer in a care home and/or charity shop. If you are interested, try fund raising for a cause.

Pm me if you need more help!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply, is triple science 3 GSCE's ( biology,chemistry and physics) or is it just one with them grouped together. I've started the core GCSE course half way through year nine and I'm finding very good. I can probably get an A* in maths, history and all my sciences as well as maybe one in rs/re. My science teacher says I have potential to excel with science if I continue to apply myself ,as well as showing great enthusiasm towards my science.

Do you have any recommendations for extra curricular activities? I play football and athletics currently for my school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.