Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I am currently in my final year of Secondary School and its coming up to my final GCSE exams. Previously I did a set of science exams and found out I got a mixed result. Could someone please tell me what my overall grade for science would be if I got:

Chemistry: B
    Biology: B
    Physics: C
    ISA (Controlled assessment): D

I'm hoping that overall it will be a B, but I'm not too sure, what do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on ums in each

ReputationRep:
    The grade isn't enough for us to tell. If you know your UMS marks, we can work it out for you (but it would probably be easier and more reliable to ask your teacher).

ReputationRep:
    Didn't want to make a new topic. Guys, In the first year of my GCSE's (modular exams) I got:

Physics: A*
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A* (full UMS)

Then, this year I kind of screwed up my controlled assesments and I'd say I'd get an A* and an A (25% those two grades are worth). Then, there will be three terminal papers worth something around 40%. If I get 2 A's and an A* will I come out with an A* overall?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so. There's a good chance that you would get an A

ReputationRep:
    Calculate the UMS grades that you got for each, and find out how far you were off the next grade - Even if you can't add them up specifically it would be easier to guess - there's a big difference between getting a high B or scraping a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by borysek01)
    Didn't want to make a new topic. Guys, In the first year of my GCSE's (modular exams) I got:

Then, this year I kind of screwed up my controlled assesments and I'd say I'd get an A* and an A (25% those two grades are worth). Then, there will be three terminal papers worth something around 40%. If I get 2 A's and an A* will I come out with an A* overall?

When I was doing my Science exams it was extremely difficult to get an A* - It needed to calculate out so that you got an A* in everything, so your full UMS in chemistry may help compensate for one of the A's, but i'd still try and get A*'s in the other terminal papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by borysek01)

From what you have said I think you are doing 2 GCSEs, Science and Additional Science and they will have separate grades. From the sounds of it the Science will be an A* (but without the UMS scores it's hard to be certain) and I haven't a clue about Add Sci and you have a vague idea of the grade for 25% and haven't done the rest yet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.