Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it depends on what course, the amount of applicants etc, but does anybody know of anyone who, or have themselves, missed out on their offer and still got in?

ReputationRep:
    based on last year, QMUL was extremely lenient regarding their offers for applicants in good academic standing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna.Karenina)
    I know it depends on what course, the amount of applicants etc, but does anybody know of anyone who, or have themselves, missed out on their offer and still got in?

Depends on the course, apart from Medicine/Dentist..............its gotten a lot easier since the 9k fee

ReputationRep:
    What is it you're looking to do? I know for the English/Drama school they had a lot less people apply than they expected so might be easier to get in if you're doing those subjects. Also when I applied in 2009 they let me in with ABC even though I needed ABB (or maybe AAB?) but either way the interview counts for a lot, if you show you're interested and keen they're more likely to pick you.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how many people apply (and get their grades) that year.

Last year there was a drop in applications and so were more lenient. Normally I know my department tends to let in as many as they can, up to a point.

If you miss the grades by only a few marks or 1 grade, you shouldn't really have much of a worry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.