Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm on Microgynon 30ED and this week I've been on my placebo pills. Today I am suppose to take my 6th placebo pill out of 7, but I was wondering if it'd be okay to start my normal pills today instead, and miss todays and tomorrows placebo ones for real ones in order to not be on my period when my boyfriend comes this weekend.

Is this a bad idea?
    Would I just start from the first pill in my new pack today?

Basically, I want to skip the two placebo pills below and start the new pack today. Understand this is quite hard to understand so pic.

Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. There's no reason to take the placebo pills at all. You don't even have to have a gap if you don't want.

(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Yes. There's no reason to take the placebo pills at all. You don't even have to have a gap if you don't want.
    Okay, thank you. So I'd just start the new pack from the beginning and stick the sticker so it starts on a Thursday?

Only wondering because I've read things online that have said each new pill pack should start on the same day as the last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, thank you. So I'd just start the new pack from the beginning and stick the sticker so it starts on a Thursday?

Only wondering because I've read things online that have said each new pill pack should start on the same day as the last.
    Yeah just start it on a Thursday. No it doesn't work like that, it doesn't matter what day you start it as long as you don't have more than a 7 day gap.

Yeah just start it on a Thursday. No it doesn't work like that, it doesn't matter what day you start it as long as you don't have more than a 7 day gap.
    Will I be protected tomorrow still?

Thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    Will I be protected tomorrow still?

Thank you for your help
    You'll be protected as long as you haven't had a gap of longer than 7 days, so yeah you'll be fine. A little known fact is you don't have to have the gap at all, so you know if it's inconvienient or whatever, you can just start a new pack and skip the placebos

No problem, glad I'm helpful

You'll be protected as long as you haven't had a gap of longer than 7 days, so yeah you'll be fine. A little known fact is you don't have to have the gap at all, so you know if it's inconvienient or whatever, you can just start a new pack and skip the placebos

No problem, glad I'm helpful
    Oh great aha! Oh yeah I did know that, just that this month was my first month starting the pill so I thought it was best not to skip my period straight away if I didn't need to completely! Cheers though.

Aha.

ReputationRep:
    Oh great aha! Oh yeah I did know that, just that this month was my first month starting the pill so I thought it was best not to skip my period straight away if I didn't need to completely! Cheers though.

Aha.
    Yeah you can mess with the gap and have no gap or a shorter gap, so you will be fine
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's not guaranteed your period will stop if you do this, though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.