Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to a festival on my own... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just need your advice - I'm possibly going to Boomtown Fair this year, but if I did I would be going on my own. This is a slightly scary prospect as it's quite a long festy (4 nights), and whilst I'm not worried on the lonely side of things (I'll meet people and am quite happy on my own), I still feel slightly concerned possibly about safety or if something went wrong. I've gone to plenty of festivals before and I'd be in the family camping as I feel that's more secure, but has anyone ever gone to a festival on their own before? How was it? Or, if not, would you?

Cheers!x

ReputationRep:
    I went to Sonisphere on my own back in 09 but what I did was go on some forums first and found there were a fair few people going solo so we did a bit of a meety-uppy.

The thing about festivals (and Boomtown I think would be especially good for this) is that you can chat to people and make new friends without people thinking you're a weirdo. If you're worried that someone might think that just tell them you've hot split up from your friends. Chat to strangers, friendly looking ones, and enjoy the fact that you don't have to keep an eye on drunken/drugged up friends.
    Edit: sorry kinda glanced over, re: the safety thing make sure you've got your own back. Try not to get off your face if that's your style and if it is keep it near the first aid tent! I've picked up a complete stranger who was passed out on a path at Reading Festival and dragged her to the medics - people will help you out if you need it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.