Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im debating whether to go to london to uni or not because of the price and whether i can cope financially
    ive applied for student finance and im entitled to the maximum amounts Maintenance Grant of £3,354.00 and Maintenance Loan of £5,998.00, a total of £9,352.00 for the year. Im also eligible for £3500 bursary from the uni
    So is a total of £12,852 enough for a 1st year student living in self catered halls at UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you plan to drink and eat nothing but Dom Pérignon and caviar then yes, I think you will just about scrape by...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    Unless you plan to drink and eat nothing but Dom Pérignon and caviar then yes, I think you will just about scrape by...
    are you a current student in london?
    could anyone give a breakdown of costs?
    self catered accomodation is about £140 a week

ReputationRep:
    I had about £4k less than you and accomodation of £192 a week and managed just fine, so you'll be alright, it's good because you'll need that money for a gym membership and protein powder and creatine haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    I had about £4k less than you and accomodation of £192 a week and managed just fine, so you'll be alright, it's good because you'll need that money for a gym membership and protein powder and creatine haha
    id also like to start rock climbing and skiing in summer!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.