Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    Im Nikki, Im 33 years old, married with 4 daughters.
    Been thinking about doing an access course for years now and now my youngest is at school full time i can now do it
    I have my skills test tomorrow and im really worried, i haven`t been to school for 18 years and have done nothing but been a mother since!
    Could anyone please tell me how hard they thought the test was, and what kind of questions it entails? i would really really appreciate it!!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    It's very easy so don't panic. I managed to get 23/24 last week in both Maths and English and we also did a free writing exercise that was 10 minutes. They were basically checking your punctuation and grammar.
    Maths was slightly harder but I love maths so did ok! The question I got wrong was working out the area of a cube and my mind went completely blank!
    It's all multiple choice for both tests.
    Best of luck from another returning to ed mum

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you can do simple arithmetic and you understand grammar then you should be fine. I don't know if you'll see this before the you take the test but just remember to relax and try not to worry. Oh, and good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.