Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so here is my predicament:
    I want to achieve the typical “Gym” look, (i.e. muscles and abs, LOL!), I do roughly 3-4 gym sessions a week, all weightlifting (abs session included) and I play football on a Sunday. I’m pretty certain that my exercise is there (or there about) for my aims, I guess I could do more but with A-Level commitments it’s all I can manage at the moment!

My problem seems to be the other half of the battle, my diet.
    I have literally no diet plan and when I try and put one together it seems to last a matter of days in terms of the snacks I eat. I have got a lot better recently at the 3 main meals, consisting of cereal for breakfast (Porridge usually, sometimes eggs), some form of pasta and meat for lunch (usually) and plenty of meat and veg for dinner. Again, I know this could be better but what I am really struggling on is my snacking in between meals, where I feel I become a bit “ad-hoc” (i.e. eat whatever I want between meals) which usually means eating junk like bread, chocolate and crisps! Obviously making me feel as if I’m just undoing all the work I put into my exercise.

I’d love some help on what people do for snacks, and bear in mind I have limited time to be preparing expensive and illustrious foods, as all the websites I have gone onto research good snacks have implied I have hours to kill in the kitchen! If anyone has any suggestions on what they eat for snacks that are cheap and require relative little prep, it would be of great help
    I’m prepared to accept that maybe I’ll have to get up a little earlier to prepare the snacks, but like I said if anyone has any cheap snacks good for building muscle, let me know!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.