Ugly Friend Watch

Anonymous #7
Report 12 years ago
well i always feel like i'm the ugly one and usually i'm the odd one out as well. if i go out with some of my mates i get really bored and compare myself to everyone. however if i go out with my other friends then i have fun have a laugh and usually am enjoying myself too much to worry about comparing myself to others. it kinda helps if your in smaller groups aswell.
keenya2006
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Makky_Legend)
Pleased to meet you Keenya, btw I can ALWAYS make exceptions
aww thank u Well I guess with heels I can be like 5'6 or something.
zav
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Tbh without sounding like an arrogent p***k i would say that i am more attractive then a fair few of my friends.

My mates arn't ugly they are quite average i suppose but i seem to have more sucess then some of em, although there are a few of my friends who i would sleep with if i was gay.

O and the Mark and keenya thing is sweet

But to all these OP's you can stop yourself feeling bad about by being confident in yourself.
Just think you have as much chance as anybody in a club to pull to just smile relax and be yourself. Infact don't even think about it, the less you consider it the more confident you will become, go out enjoy yourself smile and be happy,

Good things will come your way then.
allymcb2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep all of my friends are prettier than me too. And thinner. So unfair! Although I more often end up cancelling stuff cos cant fit in any outfits to go out in than because they're prettier
nicholsonrowell
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When i go out and speak to groups of people, i speak to certain people more not because they are more attractive but usually because they have more confidence and more to say. Youve got to remember people go out to have fun there not going to want to spend time with someone who is boring even if they are attractive

Perhaps all you need to do is portray more of a feeling of confidence and happiness, really forget about who your with and just get in there and have a laugh

Ket in and mucho messyness
high priestess fnord
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the answers simple girls. go out with a group of men and u will (nearly) allways be the prettiest.
Bubble Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think that when your with your mate, the one who gets the most conversation indicates the better personality & the one who gets the most stares & whistles from guys indicates better looks. (as a general rule)
allymcb2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Becky68M)
You just have to really really look at yourself, and believe with the deepest feleings that you are pretty, and therfore you will be pretty. xx
Does it still count if the mirror is facing the wall?
fairycakes
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah, i totally get the whole ugly friend thing. i feel like the boys push past me to talk to my mates. it's really rude, why can't they at least pretend to want to include you into the conversation?! sometimes i hate going out with them, and it's really given me a jaded view of boys and decreased my self confidence
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by fairycakes)
yeah, i totally get the whole ugly friend thing. i feel like the boys push past me to talk to my mates. it's really rude, why can't they at least pretend to want to include you into the conversation?! sometimes i hate going out with them, and it's really given me a jaded view of boys and decreased my self confidence
Doesn't it just suck? I guess I'm not seen as "fit" by the opposite sex (I'm really tall with dark naturally red hair) which 1) rules out all blokes shorter than me and 2) the majority of guys dont like ginger girls!
guest1984
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone else feel like they're always in the position of "ugly one" when they go out with a friend of the same sex? Or is it just me? Lol.
At least you have friends!
ATESalisbury
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Actually, I often find it considerably more degrading to embark on a night out with acquaintances who were hitherto by my own estimation 'average' at best: such firmly trumps any excuse I might have for their enduring propensity to 'pull'; that is, save for a dawning realisation that I am even less attractive than previously thought to be the case.
There has not yet been a post from you that has not confounded me.:confused:
JitsuCol
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I swear visual attractiveness is inversely proportional to intelligence.

That said, there are annoying people (we'll call them outliers) who have both.

Naturally I'm not one of them!
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know what you mean.. I love my friends to bits, But Im definately the more unattractive girl of the lot (There so beautiful!). Growing up I always felt Like the token friend. Factor in being 5'10 I sometimes feel so big,there all small and cute and.. Meh well.
Woo Me
Anonymous #8
Report 12 years ago
in life the race is always with yourself - think about it
Timeslikethese
Badges:
Report 12 years ago
I think i have been blessed with average looking friends lol! Except Jem, but we're pretty much equal i'd say - we have such fun when we're out!

Everyone here is beautiful! Never feel ugly!
Anonymous #9
Report 12 years ago
I never feel like that but I'm hot, I have always been the prettiest and yes I know it but I don't flaunt it but most girls, well the ones that don't know me ***** about me constantly because of it. In some ways it's understandable I guess because all the guys go for me but some girls are just so nasty.
parag
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea, because it's almost invariably the case :rolleyes:
halfoflessthan50p
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeh, most of my closest friends are more attractive than me. My best mate (aww i said i have a best mate i havent had one since i was 10 lol anyway...) is a proper lil loverboy, hes never been single for more than a month.

I guess you have to try and find your own 'raison de etre' (is that right? haha havent done french for 2 years.) Are you the funny, talkative, talented, reliable, loyal one?

i dunno, maybe it only works like that with guys

However attractive you are there will be loads of people of your 'level' who will fancy you. dont worry bout it
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone else feel like they're always in the position of "ugly one" when they go out with a friend of the same sex? Or is it just me? Lol.
i think it is coz ppl feel insecure and feel that others are betta lookin1 i no 4 a fact that i hve betta lookin m8s but that dont stop me from goin out n havin a gd time! thinkin like that will make u feel down n may ruin your friendship due to jealousy! and is that really worth it jus coz u think they r betta lookin?! :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads