Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm new so i don't know if i'm doing this correctly, but basically i'm wanting to apply for accountancy and finance at uni next year (preferably Glasgow or Strathclyde), i'm currently in 5th year but i'm only doing 3 highers (english, biology, maths), but if i do 2 advanced highers next year (maths and biology) and 2 more highers (psychology and sociology) and get A's and a B in them do you think i would get accepted for accounting in uni? I know most unis want 4-5 highers in 5th year but i've just been told that i'm not allowed to sit my history higher because i'm terrible at it and i've failed the two prelims for it so that's why i'm only doing 3 so i'm really worried that i won't get accepted for what i want to do in uni now lol, so overall -

5th Year -
    Higher Biology
    Higher English
    Higher Maths

6th Year -
    Advanced Higher Biology
    Advanced Higher Maths
    Sociology
    Psychology

i might even change sociology to moddies or buisness if that means i'd have more chance of getting in?

By the end of summer as well i will have had work experience in an accountants office and completion of my D of E silver award if that helps at all? And i might even start some volunteer work and try get a job in a bank or something, so realistically what are my chances of getting accepted? thankyou

ReputationRep:
    also these are the entry requitments on the website if it helps

http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/accountancy/#tabs=2

http://www.strath.ac.uk/business/und...yrequirements/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.