Okaaayyy...is this far too much food for a female? Watch

guitargirl03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by guest999)
You also probably have tonnes of cellulite if this is a regular thing.
That was a bit harsh.

Squash, as long as it's sugar-free doesn't have many calories in it at all, plus, squash is actually a very good way of getting your 2 litres of water which you need per day.

michelle9876, what does your daily diet consist of? Because if you're eating a whole pizza everyday, etc, then it's not the most healthiest thing to have...
bedbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by guitargirl03)
That was a bit harsh.
I don't think she meant it to be harsh, just stating the facts. If you eat a diet like hers then it's likely to be the case.
guest999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That was a bit harsh.

Squash, as long as it's sugar-free doesn't have many calories in it at all, plus, squash is actually a very good way of getting your 2 litres of water which you need per day.

michelle9876, what does your daily diet consist of? Because if you're eating a whole pizza everyday, etc, then it's not the most healthiest thing to have...
Look at the ingredients of sugar-free squash and you'll see it's good for nothing but E-numbers and generally nasty chemical sweetners; just because something is low in calories doesn't mean it's good for you! And if it's "harsh" to warn her about the causes of cellulite, it's only kind to warn her about the dangers to her physical and mental health that come from starving her body of the minerals and nutrients it needs to function properly.
Luminescience
Report 12 years ago
People who go on diets, i.e. the majority of the population, are all idiots. dieting does NOT work, if you want to lose weight go for a walk, eat healthier, its your lifestyle that needs changing. Calorie counting is no good for anyone, obviously evryone goes through that stage, get over it already, as long sa youre not grossly over weight youre fine. I eat what I goddamn want to, but i don't eat rubbish, religiously watching what you eat isnt good for you. dont do it, it's a nasty spiral.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thanks to the people who gave constructive advice lolz ie eating more veggies

Er, someone mentioned flapjacks and cereal are "full of nasty sugars"- ye ok they are quite sweet foods, but they im not eating tons of them so surely its ok? A little bit of what you fancy does you good and all that...also they have got to be better than havin a mars bar ye?

And, erm, i would hardly call a snack of a bowl of special k binging, but maybe thats just me...

Nope not lookin to lose weight, just not to eat mindlessly, and wanted to know if the amount it takes to satisfy me is piggish or not

Minimo i would die on that little food! How do you study???
mbm1087
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's not alot at all. I eat loads more than that, and most of what I eat isn't nearly as healthy.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks to the people who gave constructive advice lolz ie eating more veggies

Er, someone mentioned flapjacks and cereal are "full of nasty sugars"- ye ok they are quite sweet foods, but they im not eating tons of them so surely its ok? A little bit of what you fancy does you good and all that...also they have got to be better than havin a mars bar ye?

And, erm, i would hardly call a snack of a bowl of special k binging, but maybe thats just me...

Nope not lookin to lose weight, just not to eat mindlessly, and wanted to know if the amount it takes to satisfy me is piggish or not

Minimo i would die on that little food! How do you study???
Because the thought of continuing to look the way I do, is not a nice one.
Anonymous #5
Report 12 years ago
Righto, im tryin to eat healthier, and not just munch constantly. Today i ate:

2 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk for brekkie
Granary roll with chicken salad filling and a banana for lunch
Cold chicken & mayo, 1 slice wholemeal toast with beans for dinner

Snacks were:

Flapjack, organic, 210 cals mid morning
A dish of Special K with semi skim milk for supper

Its loads, probably too much for a girl...but i was nice and full and didnt get a sugar slump or the urge to binge

Basically looking for your views cos my dietician told me to eat *more* carbs:confused:
No it's not! I'd be seriously proud of myself if I limited myself to eating that! I'm don't thnk I'm overweight at all, and my average daily diet is along the lines of:

2 weetabix with sugar and semi-skimmed milk for breakfast
Toast with nutella midmorning
Something hot at lunch - usually a mix of meat and carbs, eg lasagne
A couple of biscuits at around 4 o'clock
Salad/pasta for supper

And if I eat any less than that I get huge cravings etc... *starts worrying about possibility of being obese without realising it*
Doodahdoo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thats a good amount to eat, maybe add some fruit in as well, from the sounds of it, you're not eating enough fruit/veg. Even a glass of fruit juice will help.
Laura Lou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why do people assume that eating less means they will lose weight? The human body adapts to changes in the amount of food it recieves by altering metabolism rate. So if you suddenly start eating less, your body will automatically switch to starvation mode and use as less energy as possible in order to sustain itself - you won't lose weight.

Losing weight is about eating healthily and only eating fatty/sugary foods as a treat. Yes, your body does need sugar and fat to function but not in excess.

A lot of people who have listed their diets on this thread seem to be seriously lacking fruit and veg! It's not just protein, carbs and fat that the body needs, there's a whole list of vitamins and minerals too (vitamin C, calcium, potassium... etc) - a lot of which are found in fruit/veg.

Obviously, exercise is important too. To lose weight, you do need to burn more energy than you put in but again, that doesn't necessarily mean cutting the AMOUNT you eat, it's WHAT you eat that counts.
wendizzle22
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The OP is lucky to feel full on that much! It does seem strange though seeing as the dinner seemed to be hardly anything - it's pretty clear that's not 'too much!'
I eat larger dinners that those posted and am still small and slim - eg. stir fry vegetables with green thai sauce and a few small pieces of chicken plus rice/noodles, or chopped vegetables + chicken in fajitas... (and of course sometimes crappier stuff like a burger + wedges + frozen veg.)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Well the dinner i mentioned was certainly not hardly anything-it was a decent portion, a plateful of chicken with mayo, and beans on toast!

Silly question: do beans not count as veggies?
bedbug
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They count as a portion of fruit/veg if you're REALLY desperate. But I don't count them
Doodahdoo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
beans are legumes - I don't think they count.
cally
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Snacks were:

Its loads, probably too much for a girl...but i was nice and full and didnt get a sugar slump or the urge to binge

Basically looking for your views cos my dietician told me to eat *more* carbs:confused:
ROFL

THAT IS HARDLY ANYTHING. As your doctor said, "eat more"

2000 calories a day of healthy food will not harm you.
guitargirl03
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by guest999)
Look at the ingredients of sugar-free squash and you'll see it's good for nothing but E-numbers and generally nasty chemical sweetners; just because something is low in calories doesn't mean it's good for you! And if it's "harsh" to warn her about the causes of cellulite, it's only kind to warn her about the dangers to her physical and mental health that come from starving her body of the minerals and nutrients it needs to function properly.
I was actually replying to a previous poster who made the assumption that squash was full of calories...

Also, there are some E numbers which aren't actually bad for you. E-numbers are used to replace names of different ingrediants, as well as colourings. Granted, many squashes are a lurid bright colour...There are sweetners in many other food substances, and I would far rather drink squash (you only have a small amount in the bottom of the glass anyway) than drink fizzy drinks, because at least then you're on the way to getting your RDA of water...

A person may not neccessarily gain celluite if they have an unhealthy diet. It was probably more productive for the person to tell the OP about the dangers of eating an unhealthy diet, rather than saying "you'll get celluite" (not an exact quote).
guest999
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What's your point - that we should embrace ALL E numbers are healthy because "some E numbers aren't actually bad for you"? And because it's "better" than fizzy drinks because you (bizarrely) believe that it provides more water than fizzy drinks?

You accuse me of only mentioning cellulite as a consequence of a poor diet, but in fact I said that depriving the body of vital minerals and nutrients could cause such health problems as depression. However, because some people (clearly) don't care about their health but are obsessed only with appearances, I ALSO pointed out that it CAN cause cellulite, in case that might prove more of a deterrant to such a person. I said she "probably" suffered from it, not that an unhealthy diet invariably causes it, as you seem to suggest.

I was actually replying to a previous poster who made the assumption that squash was full of calories...

Also, there are some E numbers which aren't actually bad for you. E-numbers are used to replace names of different ingrediants, as well as colourings. Granted, many squashes are a lurid bright colour...There are sweetners in many other food substances, and I would far rather drink squash (you only have a small amount in the bottom of the glass anyway) than drink fizzy drinks, because at least then you're on the way to getting your RDA of water...

A person may not neccessarily gain celluite if they have an unhealthy diet. It was probably more productive for the person to tell the OP about the dangers of eating an unhealthy diet, rather than saying "you'll get celluite" (not an exact quote).
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AnnaKatharina)
nope i've had waaay more when i'm drunk

try like 15 hotdogs, 2 burgers, countless chips w. dip, potato salad

and that was just last friday at out "done IB" partay!!

don't worry about it so long as you dont start putting on weight
15? Bull****..
oxygenbubbles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Snacks were:

I eat about 10 times that in a day. :eek:
~Jinxes~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^^ what they said, also I know I eat far too much sugar and packaged stuff.

Today I had:
Breakfast: Apricot Special K Bar (gross, but only thing in cupboard inc. no bread or cereal)

Lunch: Slice of Pizza, Small portion of pasta in tomato ketchup, mini cornish
pasty, apple crisps, 2 of those green pick'n'mix astro belt thingys (I was at my friend's house and there were loads of us there hence the mish-mash stylee lunch)

Snack: Ice Lolly

Thing I ate because I was hungry at 5.30: Oatcakes, cheese and salad

Supper: Chicken with rice and salad in pesto dressing, pomegranate juice, yukky muller crunch corner thing that I used to like when I was 6 and was feeling nostalgic when I was in the supermarket so I got it and it's yukky.

I guess thats a non-typical day though, being an exam/revision day when I'm home at 2.30 rather than 4.30. Anyway to the OP you sound like you have a healthy diet there, but its a losing-weight diet rather than a stay-the-same diet, imho. xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads