Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I posted my application form to ICAEW 2 weeks ago and last week they took 20 pounds from my account as on the form it says 'registration fee of 20 pounds instead of 165 pounds', so I regarded it as registration fee…

However, it's been a week since the payment was made and I haven't got any emails or posts from them as a confirmation. I emailed them yesterday about it but got no reply yet.

Just want to know if there is anyone joined the student scheme as well, and how long did you wait for a confirmation?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by lilipop)
    I posted my application form to ICAEW 2 weeks ago and last week they took 20 pounds from my account as on the form it says 'registration fee of 20 pounds instead of 165 pounds', so I regarded it as registration fee…

However, it's been a week since the payment was made and I haven't got any emails or posts from them as a confirmation. I emailed them yesterday about it but got no reply yet.

Just want to know if there is anyone joined the student scheme as well, and how long did you wait for a confirmation?
    Hi there

If you would like to send me a private message, lilipop, and give me your details, I'll find out for you. Sometimes our email inboxes are overloaded and can take a couple of days to filter through.

Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICAEW Advisor Louise)
    Hi there

If you would like to send me a private message, lilipop, and give me your details, I'll find out for you. Sometimes our email inboxes are overloaded and can take a couple of days to filter through.

Louise
    What is the ICAEW University Student Scheme and is Manchester Uni part of the pilot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makebelieve15)
    What is the ICAEW University Student Scheme and is Manchester Uni part of the pilot?
    Hi there

The ICAEW University Student Scheme is being run as a pilot in around 12 universities, and yes, Manchester University is one of them. It is an opportunity for students to join ICAEW as a student member for £20, and they can access resources that are normally for ACA students. It is great to put on your CV, plus the resources can help you gain knowledge of the qualifications, plus find out more about the sector and our employers.

The scheme is currently being amended slightly, so I can't give you anymore information, however, if you are interested in becoming a member, drop me a private message with your email and I will let you know once it has been finalised.

Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICAEW Advisor Louise)
    Hi there

The ICAEW University Student Scheme is being run as a pilot in around 12 universities, and yes, Manchester University is one of them. It is an opportunity for students to join ICAEW as a student member for £20, and they can access resources that are normally for ACA students. It is great to put on your CV, plus the resources can help you gain knowledge of the qualifications, plus find out more about the sector and our employers.

The scheme is currently being amended slightly, so I can't give you anymore information, however, if you are interested in becoming a member, drop me a private message with your email and I will let you know once it has been finalised.

Louise
    Hi all

If anyone is interested in finding out about the student scheme, and would like to check if their university is part of the scheme go to www.icaew.com/edge

We have just added another two to the pilot.

Louise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.