Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey! i've recently gotten' a conditional offer at Sheffield Hallam University to do Adult Nursing, though my start date isn't till march, they couldn't fit anymore people on the september one.. As this is my firm choice i've been looking at accommodation. I was wondering where everybody else has been applying to, i really like Victoria hall, i've also been looking at Bramall Court and a few others in that area. So where's everybody going to stay? xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica_Ann94)
    hey! i've recently gotten' a conditional offer at Sheffield Hallam University to do Adult Nursing, though my start date isn't till march, they couldn't fit anymore people on the september one.. As this is my firm choice i've been looking at accommodation. I was wondering where everybody else has been applying to, i really like Victoria hall, i've also been looking at Bramall Court and a few others in that area. So where's everybody going to stay? xxx
    ive got an unconditional offer for Paramedic Practice at Hallam and ive applied for Charlotte court and Bramall court

ReputationRep:
    I've looked at them too. I do really like Victoria hall but it's a 42 week contract, though I've heard that they can extend it, so if they can I'm applying to there and bramall court I think. The forge is supposed to be nice too xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in halls at SHU and I applied for Victoria Halls but it is absolutely impossible to get into because it is so popular so you will just be deferred to a random one that you didn't apply for if your second choice is also popular.

I'm living in Charlotte Court not out of choice but has turned out to be a really good place to live, it's really convenient. 15 minutes from city campus and about 35 from collegiate. Has a KFC next door and an Asda across the road so don't have to go far for a hangover cure or your supermarket shop. Less than a 10 minute walk to Leadmill and a 15 minute walk to Plug so no need for taxis either if it's not raining.

I wouldn't apply for Bramall Court as it's a bit far out. The Forge is massive, like an estate but very popular and lively so would recommend that if you don't mind not knowing everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlotteBurton)
    I'm currently in halls at SHU and I applied for Victoria Halls but it is absolutely impossible to get into because it is so popular so you will just be deferred to a random one that you didn't apply for if your second choice is also popular.

I'm living in Charlotte Court not out of choice but has turned out to be a really good place to live, it's really convenient. 15 minutes from city campus and about 35 from collegiate. Has a KFC next door and an Asda across the road so don't have to go far for a hangover cure or your supermarket shop. Less than a 10 minute walk to Leadmill and a 15 minute walk to Plug so no need for taxis either if it's not raining.

I wouldn't apply for Bramall Court as it's a bit far out. The Forge is massive, like an estate but very popular and lively so would recommend that if you don't mind not knowing everyone.
    I will be based at collegiate so thats why ive applied for bramall and charlotte court, need the parking too cos i have placements to get to and public transport will be no good for the times i will be on shifts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlotteBurton)
    Oh no I applied for Victoria Halls but I'm beginning to think I won't get it.

My second is Trigon. Studying Tourism Management

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide, I haven't applied to anywhere yet though I only got my offer a week ago. I think I'm going to come down to Sheffield and have a look around first. I want to be somewhere were there's a lot of medical students because we'll all be in the same boat with shift work.. Plus those halls are usually close to the campuses I'm based at.. Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessica_Ann94)
    I can't decide, I haven't applied to anywhere yet though I only got my offer a week ago. I think I'm going to come down to Sheffield and have a look around first. I want to be somewhere were there's a lot of medical students because we'll all be in the same boat with shift work.. Plus those halls are usually close to the campuses I'm based at.. Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have a conditional offer for Children's nursing in September and have applied for Victoria Halls and Devonshire Courtyard. I decided on them because they're pretty decent (although I've heard Victoria Halls is incredibly hard to get into) and they're also around a 15 minute walk from the Collegiate campus and have good transport to just hop on a bus to the campus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sony42)
    I will be based at collegiate so thats why ive applied for bramall and charlotte court, need the parking too cos i have placements to get to and public transport will be no good for the times i will be on shifts
    Well I can say that you're 99% guaranteed to get into either of them as they're usually the ones that noone applies for thinking they're too far away

ReputationRep:
    They're all quite nice, I just can't decide, but I do know I want to be in with other medical students, close to collegiate campus and the hospitals, they all look nice but I think I should really go visit them first xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted my place last year. I'm currently on a gap year, but i'll be studying criminology (although I did take some serious thought to radiography).

I've applied to challenge works.

Have you guys heard back from accommodation yet? I applied really early (since as I knew I had a place for sure), just a little worried that I haven't had anything confirmed, or been asked to pay a deposit yet

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted an offer for adult nursing too I've applied for anvil as my first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_kelly)
    I've accepted an offer for adult nursing too I've applied for anvil as my first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I might see u about then as we will both be at collegiate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sony42)
    I might see u about then as we will both be at collegiate
    What course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_kelly)
    What course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    paramedic practice

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have got an conditional offer from SHU to do Adult Nursing, start date March 2014. Do you know what date we start exactly? I haven't applied for accommodation yet as I only got my offer yesterday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well Ucas says 1st of march. But student finance says 10th I'm going to ring them next week xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.