Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If I'm nervous about having sex, am I not ready? And does it hurt? Watch

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and a half, and we've decided it's time to have sex. We don't know when exactly it'll be, but I am just nervous in case it hurts.. Any advice/feedback would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    How old are you ?

ReputationRep:
    Build up to it. Do other sexual things, both together and alone. Alone, I feel is important. You need to know your own body and what feels good and what doesn't so you can communicate that to your partner... As said, build up to it, use fingers to slowly stretch yourself and have your boyfriend do it for you and it shouldn't hurt, also have lube as that will help.

Being nervous is normal. No one will be able to tell you whether it will hurt or not, that depends on you and your body and the way you and your partner go about it.

I'm 19, and yes I've already done other sexual things which is why we think we're ready now. Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    It hurt for me, but only a tiny bit. And I wanted to go again right after so it can't have been too awful.

ReputationRep:
    It didn't hurt too much for me but I think everyone's different. All my friends said different things in regards to how much it hurt.

And no being nervous doesn't mean you're not ready. It's natural to be nervous. As long as you're comfortable with your boyfriend and want to do it then go for it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.