Turn on thread page Beta

Alter ego! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    I like googling my name. top few are me, and then below that without warning is my alter-ego - a gymnast.
    makes me look good
    J
    I'm the love interest of the eponymous hero in an American comic book (he just so happens to be a 10-year-old boy genius)!

I've actually bought a few off ebay to see what it's about... they're surprisingly witty and entertaining. And she looks like me as well!

So who's your alter ego?

--
    db

ReputationRep:
    An American Anthropologist who writes books about sex.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is a journalist/something to do with investment and money...

You wouldn't think there'd be anyone else in the world let alone the country with the same name as me, and to my knowledge there is only the one other!

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Mine is a journalist/something to do with investment and money...

You wouldn't think there'd be anyone else in the world let alone the country with the same name as me, and to my knowledge there is only the one other!

Alaric.
    There are lots of me. And most of them have done more important things than I have. Were you at the Pirates bop, Alaric?

ReputationRep:
    No one! absolutely no one! I'm convinced I'm the only Katie Heskins in the whole world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Were you at the Pirates bop, Alaric?
    I was indeed, though I wasn't dressed up as a pirate and I wasn't dancing... so I was just listening to Alice's sometimes slightly weird music tastes .

I wasn't drunk enough after halfway hall to really get in the mood, being on the top table near the master meant I wasn't exactly knocking them back very fast.

Did you enjoy Alice's last bop?

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    I was indeed, though I wasn't dressed up as a pirate and I wasn't dancing... so I was just listening to Alice's sometimes slightly weird music tastes .

I wasn't drunk enough after halfway hall to really get in the mood, being on the top table near the master meant I wasn't exactly knocking them back very fast.

Did you enjoy Alice's last bop?

Alaric.
    Yeah, it was pretty good, although we arrived very late having been out to the cinema, the pub then Dojo's before getting there. My costume was very much a last minute affair - I cut one of my T-shirts to pieces, but it didn't turn out quite as I'd planned.

We only arrived just before the bar shut, so we had to do all our drinking very fast. For some reason this didn't have such an effect on me as spreading it out more does, and I didn't feel that drunk, despite it being only the 2nd time I'd drunk that term (the other being Peterhouse formal, where I got completely and utterly rat-arsed thanks to the pennying efforts of several of my friends).

The music was interesting to say the least! I think for some of the time they just had a CD on because they didn't have a DJ half the night :rolleyes: but I had fun anyway. Crashed a random room party afterwards, had a long chat with everyone, got married (as you do) and finally made it to bed at god-knows-what time.

Was good...I await to see what Robyn can have in store for us. :eek: Have you seen the poster in the computer room above the library?

ReputationRep:
    The music was interesting to say the least! I think for some of the time they just had a CD on because they didn't have a DJ half the night :rolleyes: but I had fun anyway.
    Yeah, I think it was from CDs the whole night, certainly all the time I was there, because two djs pulled out at the last minute and the other regular one is in second year and so in halfway hall. So Alice made a few compilation cds, for pop it wasn't too bad in the end.

Was good...I await to see what Robyn can have in store for us. :eek: Have you seen the poster in the computer room above the library?
    No, I only ever go to the Colony computer room, I'm curious now, must resist trip to library...

I expect she'll be great at it, she seems to like to party at least!

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodlebeetle)
    I'm the love interest of the eponymous hero in an American comic book (he just so happens to be a 10-year-old boy genius)!

I've actually bought a few off ebay to see what it's about... they're surprisingly witty and entertaining. And she looks like me as well!

So who's your alter ego?

--
    db
    This guy from John Fisher.

ReputationRep:
    No, I only ever go to the Colony computer room, I'm curious now, must resist trip to library...

I expect she'll be great at it, she seems to like to party at least!
    It has a picture of the other candidate for Social sec, with a target painted on the side of his head. Next to it is a picture of a bullet and it says "Vote RON for Social sec." Made me laugh! I guess Robyn will do ok, but the vote for that one was particularly tough for most of the first year...

Joey, who is John Fisher?

ReputationRep:
    It has a picture of the other candidate for Social sec, with a target painted on the side of his head. Next to it is a picture of a bullet and it says "Vote RON for Social sec." Made me laugh! I guess Robyn will do ok, but the vote for that one was particularly tough for most of the first year...

Joey, who is John Fisher?

John Fisher is a good rugby school down t'south. I'll rephrase that, the best comprehensive rugby school in the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    John Fisher is a good rugby school down t'south. I'll rephrase that, the best comprehensive rugby school in the country.
    So there's someone there with the same name as you? How very thrilling. Mine is famous

ReputationRep:
    So there's someone there with the same name as you? How very thrilling. Mine is famous
    No. He hasnt the same name. He is just very similar to me, we were almost telepathic (on the pitch that is)

ReputationRep:
    No. He hasnt the same name. He is just very similar to me, we were almost telepathic (on the pitch that is)
    Interesting...I haven't met anyone like that yet, I don't think. I'd probably hate them. Do you actually know the guy, or just play against him?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting...I haven't met anyone like that yet, I don't think. I'd probably hate them. Do you actually know the guy, or just play against him?
    Both. Played against before I knew him and roomed with him on a rep tour. I dont mean we are alike personality wise, just that we lit the world alight on the paddock.

ReputationRep:
    Both. Played against before I knew him and roomed with him on a rep tour. I dont mean we are alike personality wise, just that we lit the world alight on the paddock.
    Rep tour?

Hehe, the way you say it makes it sound almost romantic

ReputationRep:
    Rep tour?

Hehe, the way you say it makes it sound almost romantic
    Representative tour. Makes it sound less public school cocky show off which you love to slate me for In other words England U18's.

ReputationRep:
    Representative tour. Makes it sound less public school cocky show off which you love to slate me for In other words England U18's.
    You could have just said England U18! You know I'm only teasing with the public school thing anyway, although you do ask for it. Mainly I'm jealous cos my school was crap and I'm crap at most things.

So, you and this other rugby bloke...practically telepathic...in one room....

ReputationRep:
    You could have just said England U18! You know I'm only teasing with the public school thing anyway, although you do ask for it. Mainly I'm jealous cos my school was crap and I'm crap at most things.

So, you and this other rugby bloke...practically telepathic...in one room....

Rubbish. I doubt your crap at most things You put yourself down to much. Me thinks Evil Nicci affected you too much hehe.

We spent two weeks together last summer. In one of the places we went it was that hot we wernt allowed outside from 10am till 4pm. So we did spend more time than usual together

ReputationRep:
    was randomly reading this post and interestingly, i know of another alaric, although he probably doesn't have the same last name as you! still, it's a really unique first name so very cool all the same!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.