Turn on thread page Beta

Alter ego! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Rubbish. I doubt your crap at most things You put yourself down to much. Me thinks Evil Nicci affected you too much hehe.

We spent two weeks together last summer. In one of the places we went it was that hot we wernt allowed outside from 10am till 4pm. So we did spend more time than usual together
    I'm crap at sport. I mean that. Especially compared with you. And compared with most of the rest of Clare, I'm not that good at music. Tis just the facts. Evil Nicci did have her influence, but I'm working past it. I will never let her meet any of my male Cambridge friends though.

Hmmm, sounds like you two were having fun One of those rugby-male-bonding things, was it?

I can't talk though; I can actually genuinely say I have been on band camp. No flutes involved though

John Fisher is a good rugby school down t'south. I'll rephrase that, the best comprehensive rugby school in the country.
    Our rugby coach went to John Fisher. They are good, but they're having a particularly good year, I think. We played their under 16 2nd XV and still lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I'm crap at sport. I mean that. Especially compared with you. And compared with most of the rest of Clare, I'm not that good at music. Tis just the facts. Evil Nicci did have her influence, but I'm working past it. I will never let her meet any of my male Cambridge friends though.

Hmmm, sounds like you two were having fun One of those rugby-male-bonding things, was it?

I can't talk though; I can actually genuinely say I have been on band camp. No flutes involved though
    So what if you are crap at sport. My old school revolves around sport, thats probably the difference. I'm crap at all other sports, well apart from running, but thats not a proper sport. Your obviously talented or you wouldnt be at Cambridge, give yourself a break, your going to become a doctor and be very succesful

Yes, I have to say evil Nicci was a top draw shag Keep her away from your male friends or you wont stand a chance with any of them.

Well if you call watching Sky News, BBC World and CNN bonding I guess so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    Our rugby coach went to John Fisher. They are good, but they're having a particularly good year, I think. We played their under 16 2nd XV and still lost.
    Yes, similar thing with my old school often happens. The 3rds XV played Clitheroe Royal Grammar and spanked them by about 60 points to nil. Seen as there is only about 100 boys in the whole of upper and lower 6 and you take away the 1sts and 2nds squadswhich is about 45, its rather embarrasing since Clitheroe Grammar has the biggest 6th form in the country

ReputationRep:

Me too!! and I play trombone *winces*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artygirl)
    was randomly reading this post and interestingly, i know of another alaric, although he probably doesn't have the same last name as you! still, it's a really unique first name so very cool all the same!
    Wouldn't actually surprise me, there seem to be lots of Alarics around! I've only met one other Alaric (who I was infact named after) but at least three people I've met have relatives called Alaric, it's enough to make me think it's a common name. The germanic version is much more common though I believe.

It does make for some unfortunate rhyming for little schoolboys though, and I hate it when people think I'm called Eric.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    So what if you are crap at sport. My old school revolves around sport, thats probably the difference. I'm crap at all other sports, well apart from running, but thats not a proper sport. Your obviously talented or you wouldnt be at Cambridge, give yourself a break, your going to become a doctor and be very succesful
    I'm the one they let in by mistake Seriously, it's very nice to be "normal" at Cambridge, to not be "the clever one" (which automatically = "the good one who works all the time and is really boring" even though that wasn't true) but it does give you a whole new perspective on what you really can do. And in my case it ain't much. I'm just glad I've got Medicine to follow

Yes, I have to say evil Nicci was a top draw shag Keep her away from your male friends or you wont stand a chance with any of them.
    Lol, she wouldn't have shagged you. She'd just have flirted with you and manipulated you until your entire world revolved around her, and you forgot I existed. That's her speciality :mad:

And yeah, that's male bonding, come on, we all know what you were doing Just kidding - going on band camp has to be infinitely worse than that in terms of innuendo potential .

(Original post by Alaric)
    It does make for some unfortunate rhyming for little schoolboys though, and I hate it when people think I'm called Eric.
    Not as bad as the potential for dodgy names from my surname when teenage boys start to think about it :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm the one they let in by mistake Seriously, it's very nice to be "normal" at Cambridge, to not be "the clever one" (which automatically = "the good one who works all the time and is really boring" even though that wasn't true) but it does give you a whole new perspective on what you really can do. And in my case it ain't much. I'm just glad I've got Medicine to follow

Lol, she wouldn't have shagged you. She'd just have flirted with you and manipulated you until your entire world revolved around her, and you forgot I existed. That's her speciality :mad:

And yeah, that's male bonding, come on, we all know what you were doing Just kidding - going on band camp has to be infinitely worse than that in terms of innuendo potential .

Not as bad as the potential for dodgy names from my surname when teenage boys start to think about it :mad:

Nah. if she was half decent one of us would have had her. Obviously this is back in the day when we were young and very rapacious

Lol, funny last name, let me guess, Helen Hump or something of that ilk Its got to be something to do with sex

ReputationRep:
    Nah. if she was half decent one of us would have had her. Obviously this is back in the day when we were young and very rapacious

Lol, funny last name, let me guess, Helen Hump or something of that ilk Its got to be something to do with sex
    :eek: And there was me thinking you were such a nice boy. You lot toured the rugby-playing schools of England in more sport than one then? Disgraceful :rolleyes:

No, it's not that bad. I'm not telling you what it is, and it does need a degree of interpretation to make it funny, but trust me, I'm glad to be away from that!

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not that bad. I'm not telling you what it is, and it does need a degree of interpretation to make it funny, but trust me, I'm glad to be away from that!
    I think I know what your surname is, and I'm drawing a blank. So it must require a hell of a lot of interpretation or just not actually be funny.

this is going to bother me all day now :rolleyes:

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    I think I know what your surname is, and I'm drawing a blank. So it must require a hell of a lot of interpretation or just not actually be funny.

this is going to bother me all day now :rolleyes:

Alaric.
    Well, it isn't actually really very funny. Only if you're 14 and trying to look cool. Are you sure you have the right Helen though? There are 3 in our year.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it isn't actually really very funny. Only if you're 14 and trying to look cool. Are you sure you have the right Helen though? There are 3 in our year.
    You are the one of the F variety aren't you?
    [note: I only know of two, though your alter ego checks out, so I'm probably right]

...and I still can't think of anything which isn't really terrible.

ReputationRep:
    You are the one of the F variety aren't you?
    [note: I only know of two, though your alter ego checks out, so I'm probably right]

...and I still can't think of anything which isn't really terrible.
    Yes, I am. I see you've picked up the alter ego as well then! There are two others - a mathmo and a vet. I don't really know the Mathmo one at all though.

I'm saying no more on the matter Besides, I have to go now to fetch my sister, and drive halfway across Shropshire to take her to her musical theatre workshop thingy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

That disapoints. I'm trying to think of the funniest real name I have ever heard but cant thing of any at the mo.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: And there was me thinking you were such a nice boy. You lot toured the rugby-playing schools of England in more sport than one then? Disgraceful :rolleyes:

The chance would have been a fine thing, but unfortunatly there wasnt time to 'get to know' girls on the sidelines perving on us. Lets face it, they dont go to watch the rugby. We often made full use of other schools 'Catholic retreats' to our school though

ReputationRep:
    That disapoints. I'm trying to think of the funniest real name I have ever heard but cant thing of any at the mo.
    Well, it's not really funny, so I'd give up trying. It's funny if you're a 14 year old boy trying to get one up on the annoying clever girl. :mad:

I dunno, you and your Catholic retreat girls! :rolleyes: I see you were all following your religion as ever

Shocking!

And no, most of the time we don't go to watch the rugby, although unlike lots of the girls I do understand some of the rules, but I'm sure they keep making up new ones just to ensure I never really fully grasp it all.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's not really funny, so I'd give up trying. It's funny if you're a 14 year old boy trying to get one up on the annoying clever girl. :mad:

I dunno, you and your Catholic retreat girls! :rolleyes: I see you were all following your religion as ever

Shocking!

And no, most of the time we don't go to watch the rugby, although unlike lots of the girls I do understand some of the rules, but I'm sure they keep making up new ones just to ensure I never really fully grasp it all.
    Seen as we still had to share rooms when the retreat girls came, we almost definatly stuck to our religion Although I must admit, there were a few exceptions, but I'm way to classy to participate in such activites of the outside or 'broom cupboard' nature

I never was going to guess anymore. I asumed you were going to tell us. I was just thinking for funny real names in general, not trying to work yours out.

ReputationRep:
    Seen as we still had to share rooms when the retreat girls came, we almost definatly stuck to our religion Although I must admit, there were a few exceptions, but I'm way to classy to participate in such activites of the outside or 'broom cupboard' nature

I never was going to guess anymore. I asumed you were going to tell us. I was just thinking for funny real names in general, not trying to work yours out.
    Well, one final clue - you've mentioned the name fairly recently

Awww, I'm sure you were a good boy really. I'm just winding you up cos I have nothing better to do. Though I shouldn't really be surprised, the number of times I had to chuck year 11 boys out of our boarding house.... :rolleyes: or my friend's bf out of our shared room, nice.

Well, one final clue - you've mentioned the name fairly recently

Awww, I'm sure you were a good boy really. I'm just winding you up cos I have nothing better to do. Though I shouldn't really be surprised, the number of times I had to chuck year 11 boys out of our boarding house.... :rolleyes: or my friend's bf out of our shared room, nice.
    I think I've got it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    I think I've got it.
    That's nice for you

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.