Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you deal with a lazy person in your group? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Our group has to produce a report, one member was allocated to do a simple task of 2000 words. He produces 1400 words of which 700 were direct copy and paste with not quotations or references. If it had of been handed in, I would be going to a plagiarism hearing.

He has since then reproduced the work in bullets points stating 'I my opinion 7 times'! I've told this tool numerous time to write in third person but it doesn't seem to sink in.

I can not be dealing with this, other than obviously not working with him again, how can I get this lad to do the work to a decent standard?

ReputationRep:
    Can't you kick him out or speak to someone about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decerto)
    Can't you kick him out or speak to someone about it?
    Could do yes, however, I don't like being snidely. I just want it done, exams are coming up and this numblenuts wants the easy life.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, you can't do anything about him. You and the rest of the group will have to make up for his laziness, and never work with him again, if you want the good grades. It'll sting that he'll get a free ride off the rest of the group, but console yourself with the fact that he'll probably fail his exams.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by AMG44)
    Our group has to produce a report, one member was allocated to do a simple task of 2000 words. He produces 1400 words of which 700 were direct copy and paste with not quotations or references. If it had of been handed in, I would be going to a plagiarism hearing.

He has since then reproduced the work in bullets points stating 'I my opinion 7 times'! I've told this tool numerous time to write in third person but it doesn't seem to sink in.

I can not be dealing with this, other than obviously not working with him again, how can I get this lad to do the work to a decent standard?
    You lift, don't you m8?

KO him! jking

ReputationRep:
    Tell the teacher. I hate pricks like that. Request he be moved out of the group. If you have a sh*tty teacher, Im sorry but you will have to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    The exact thing happened when I was younger, We all has tasks to do, and one of the girls decided that she was going to script write what we where going to say for a Shakespeare presentation. We all had the same amount of work which we all did, and we had to ask her for the script about 10 times, which she gave to us on the day. On top of this, it was a print out of Wikipedia, she had not even bothered to edit it in Word, so it had the website screen print! What we did was talk to our teacher in private without her and explain that everyone had pulled their weight for the project apart from her, and then showed her our "script" she told us not to worry as we will be graded individually on our specific sections and that we had to do it on the day. So, in the end we end up in hysterics as we sounded like we were reading shakespeare itself as none of the other students knew what we were talking about because of the obvious wikipedia analysis!

ReputationRep:
    Like someone else said, you can't 'deal' with them. The only thing that could work is guilt tripping him.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.