Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Iv been in Btec Science since year 9 and now in year 11. What is the point? I feel like Im back in primary will I ever be able to take a real science at college e.g. retake science? or is Science basically gone out of my life? Since at the moment I know I will have to keep BTEC Science being worth nothing but will I be able to retake it at college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoholicCox)
    Iv been in Btec Science since year 9 and now in year 11. What is the point? I feel like Im back in primary will I ever be able to take a real science at college e.g. retake science? or is Science basically gone out of my life? Since at the moment I know I will have to keep BTEC Science being worth nothing but will I be able to retake it at college?
    Very unlikely that you could do A-Levels in Sciences at college if you have a BTEC unless you get a distinction (but if you are capable of getting a distinction I don't think you would be entered for BTEC anyway if that makes sense?). Pretty much impossible for a school to enter you for GCSE exams now.

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar position as you, having only taken Core science not double. I'm doing my A-levels now in humanity subjects, but plan on applying for Science degrees. There is quite a few foundation years (so 4 years long, not 3) if you want to go down that route, like I am

good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thank, its just that having BTEC Science has made me look 'dumb' to colleges and its just annoying that its a dead end on science at all but thats btec for ya :/ when i had my college interviews they just saw btec science as nothing and all I can do is foresic science which is btec level 3 they say its equivilent to A level but i know its definately not.

Luckly a college offered me 4 a levels but btec science ruined my chances to do 4 a levels at other colleges

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.