Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Since Monday evening, my phone keeps dying between 20% and 40%, when I attempt to charge it, the battery percentage will be at a random number, e.g it would say 39%, but it'd actually be 7%. Whilst I'm trying to charge it, it resets numerous times, and takes around half an hour to fully switch on. To stop this, I'd keep my phone charged. Since today, my Iphone screen glitches and switches off, turns back on and continues to do the same. I have looked at Apple forums and they have told me to back up and restore my phone, but my phone doesn't stay on long enough to let me do it! Why is my phone doing this and how can I solve my problem? Thank you

EDIT:
    Since Monday evening, my phone keeps dying between 20% and 40%, when I attempt to charge it, the battery percentage will be at a random number, e.g it would say 39%, but it'd actually be 7%. Whilst I'm trying to charge it, it resets numerous times, and takes around half an hour to fully switch on. To stop this, I'd keep my phone charged. Since today, my Iphone screen glitches and switches off, turns back on and continues to do the same. I completely wiped my phone, it glitches and restarts all over again! Please help, thank you

ReputationRep:
    That happened to me too! I restored my phone on my laptop last night and it's been working fine for me so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyhoodie)
    That happened to me too! I restored my phone on my laptop last night and it's been working fine for me so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm glad it worked for you! I completely reset my phone but it doesn't stay on long enough for me to restore it

ReputationRep:
    Take it to an apple store and they'll repair/replace it for you if it's under warranty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    Take it to an apple store and they'll repair/replace it for you if it's under warranty.
    Unfortunately it's not under warranty by any chance do you know how much it would cost for them to check it out and fix it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe-ellis)
    Unfortunately it's not under warranty by any chance do you know how much it would cost for them to check it out and fix it?
    No idea sorry. I think you can pay them £120 or something for a replacement phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe-ellis)
    Apple will typically diagnose issues with their products for free, so book an appointment regardless (If they are too expensive, you'll know what's wrong to look into third parties). The costs depend on what actually ends up being the component at fault of course, but as Sum Gai has said above there's usually an option to trade in your handset and pay a reduced fee to get a replacement phone.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I also have an iphones 4s. Can anyone help me?

I had my earphones in iphone but one of the earbuds dropped in water. I took them out of iphone and played a song and swear i could hear a slight buzzy sound (though this reduced when i turned the volume down)

Have i damaged my iphone? i turned it off and will leave it for abit

ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by number23)
    Hi, I also have an iphones 4s. Can anyone help me?

I had my earphones in iphone but one of the earbuds dropped in water. I took them out of iphone and played a song and swear i could hear a slight buzzy sound (though this reduced when i turned the volume down)

Have i damaged my iphone? i turned it off and will leave it for abit

ty
    A buzzy sound through the headphones or coming from the phone itself?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.