Who was in the wrong? Watch

Vortigen
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Motorist fined for beeping horn
A motorist who beeped and gave officers the thumbs-up sign as he drove past a police checkpoint has been fined £30.
Police turned up at Nick Lenthall's work to fine him for "unnecessary use of audible warning equipment".

The 47-year-old council highways worker said he had not been speeding when he drove past the officers in West Moors, Dorset, on Tuesday
Continues....... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/4717478.stm
Who was in the Wrong? The Driver or the Police officer?
Personally i think it's the police.
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Was is an unnecessary use of audile warning equipment? Other people use loopholes to pin the police down on a daily basis. This guy wanted to be a jackass, and he got caught. Pay the 30 and call it a day.
cheesecakebobby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You know it is a slow news day when you have to dig up a story that nobody cared about 3 months ago.
DemonDemonic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cheesecakebobby)
You know it is a slow news day when you have to dig up a story that nobody cared about 3 months ago.
It's not the frist time.
Vortigen
(Original post by cheesecakebobby)
Do you not have anything constructive to say? Do you hold no opinion?
cheesecakebobby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I honestly don't care. What's next, a debate about the bus driver who charged the kid 10p for his hamster? Big whoop.
tehjonny
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its blatant abuse of police powers, but hey, who cares?

You seem to be missing the point, he was a highways worker, and as such probably felt a certain amount of comraderie with the police in question.

This is why I spit on police cars :p:
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can we stick to politics-related topics in the politics forum? And please stop copying and pasting articles without bothering to say just why you're posting the thread.
Vortigen
(Original post by Bismarck)
Can we stick to politics-related topics in the politics forum? And please stop copying and pasting articles without bothering to say just why you're posting the thread.
No subject is exempt from politics! :rolleyes:
Kalis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tehjonny)
Its blatant abuse of police powers, but hey, who cares?

You seem to be missing the point, he was a highways worker, and as such probably felt a certain amount of comraderie with the police in question.

This is why I spit on police cars :p:
Not an abuse. It is illegal to sound your horn without a valid need to show others that your vehicle is there. It's a law.
Vortigen
(Original post by Kalis)
Not an abuse. It is illegal to sound your horn without a valid need to show others that your vehicle is there. It's a law.
Then perhaps this law should be used against the array of taxi drivers who beep their horns because they are too lazy to get off their backsides and knock on peoples doors.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads