The Student Room Group

Lloyds Pharmacy summer vacation interview

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone here had an interview with Lloyds for the summer placement. I am aware that we have to do a presentation. Do you think calculation questions also come up? Really confused as my final semester exams are around the same time and preparing for an interview will be taking a lot of my time. :frown:

Please help

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey, I had my interview last week. They just ask a lot of situation questions such as: Tell me when you have let someone down, when something didn't go as expected, when you worked well within a team, when you used your initiative, are you a leader/ follower explain: why?, when you faced a challenge, when you helped a customer and many more! When you are in there they will all sound the same. You cant really prepare for this interview as there are no clinical questions or factual questions; they are purely about how competent you are. I didn't bother spending much time revising for the interview apart from the presentation of course. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Bubble xXx
hey, I had my interview last week. They just ask a lot of situation questions such as: Tell me when you have let someone down, when something didn't go as expected, when you worked well within a team, when you used your initiative, are you a leader/ follower explain: why?, when you faced a challenge, when you helped a customer and many more! When you are in there they will all sound the same. You cant really prepare for this interview as there are no clinical questions or factual questions; they are purely about how competent you are. I didn't bother spending much time revising for the interview apart from the presentation of course. Hope this helps!

Hi,
I have applied to Lloyd's this year (3rd year). I haven't heard anything about a presentation. All I've heard is that it is a strength based interview. What kind of a presentation is it? When did they tell you about it?

thnx
Reply 3
Hi
I've got an interview too soon. It's a strength based interview right? Have u had yours?
Reply 4
Original post by Huffpuff
Hi
I've got an interview too soon. It's a strength based interview right? Have u had yours?

Not yet, I've got it next week. When is yours? Yeah, its a strength based interview for 50 mins. I'm quite nervous though, as I don't really know how to prepare for this interview.
Original post by KT93
Not yet, I've got it next week. When is yours? Yeah, its a strength based interview for 50 mins. I'm quite nervous though, as I don't really know how to prepare for this interview.

Aim for the general questions...I think that there is a post on here for pharmacy interview questions, that should help and try to stay calm, relaxed!

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got mine the week after next. For prep I've just been "googling" for strength based assessment questions but they don't seem like ones we can prepare for. Questions like "are u a starter or finisher", I don't really know what they're looking for lol.
Reply 7
Hey
Where is your interview? I've got one coming up soon too, but I don't thin it'll be too bad. They've asked us to bring passport and stuff, so they must be trying to get familiar with us, and then offer us the placement? Here's hoping... :smile:
Had mine yesterday and I don't think it went that well but that's because of my nerves and confidence :frown: was told I should hear by the end of January. It's just lots of strengths questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by PharmingDoc
Aim for the general questions...I think that there is a post on here for pharmacy interview questions, that should help and try to stay calm, relaxed!

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
It was a lot better than I expected.
Reply 10
Original post by BigBFG
Hey
Where is your interview? I've got one coming up soon too, but I don't thin it'll be too bad. They've asked us to bring passport and stuff, so they must be trying to get familiar with us, and then offer us the placement? Here's hoping... :smile:

Kent. Where's yours? I hope so too. It's not something you could actually prepare for... as long as you are confident you'll be fine.

Original post by Pharmagal
Had mine yesterday and I don't think it went that well but that's because of my nerves and confidence :frown: was told I should hear by the end of January. It's just lots of strengths questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was the same as well. The questions weren't too bad, but my nerves got in the way. Where was your interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
I was the same as well. The questions weren't too bad, but my nerves got in the way. Where was your interview?

Edinburgh 😊 . I'm kinda guessing that a lot of people might have come across unsure because the questions did require a bit of thought before answering. Some of them were quite abstract.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
what sorts of questions did they ask for the strengths based interview? As in, did they give u yes/no questions too, or scenario questions etc.?
Got mine coming up soon, starting to get really nervous :frown:
Btw why do they ask us to bring our passport and a photocopy? Did they take yours?
Got mine week after next too! Really want to know what these strength based questions are. Also are you sure there is no presentation to do? Thanks!
Reply 14
Hello everyone, I had my interview yesterday and I can assure you there is no presentation. The interview in middle of formal and informal, just a fine line. But the questions were your hobbies? where you see yourself in 5 years? what can you bring to lloyds that is unique? What do you understand by corporate responsibility? Why do you think establishing a relationship with other organisations is important for a pharmacy? Do you like working on your own or within a team? Tell me an occasion where you worked well within a team? etc... Some questions can seem long and hard to grasp, they are purely testing how you interpret and answer those questions. But it is a really good idea to have examples of what you did in the past for every question? there is going to be closed questions and you shouldn't stop at saying yes or giving a word answer, always try to elaborate what you saying relating to a situation you have been in but don't go off topic and blab a lot, just stick to the point. Also confidence and preparation is also important. My interviewer told me he had to stop few interview in the middle because the candidates were lacking confidence or wasn't prepared well to answer. My advice is just to sit down and think about your past experiences in regards of challenge, initiative, teamwork. It is a good thing if you worked in a pharmacy before or had work experience, you can always relate to situations you encountered there. However, it is also important to talk about all the extracurricular activities you do, not just your studies or placements. Hope this helps. :smile:

NB: Don't forget to hand in passport copy and original like I did. :frown:
Original post by Bijo93
Hello everyone, I had my interview yesterday and I can assure you there is no presentation. The interview in middle of formal and informal, just a fine line. But the questions were your hobbies? where you see yourself in 5 years? what can you bring to lloyds that is unique? What do you understand by corporate responsibility? Why do you think establishing a relationship with other organisations is important for a pharmacy? Do you like working on your own or within a team? Tell me an occasion where you worked well within a team? etc... Some questions can seem long and hard to grasp, they are purely testing how you interpret and answer those questions. But it is a really good idea to have examples of what you did in the past for every question? there is going to be closed questions and you shouldn't stop at saying yes or giving a word answer, always try to elaborate what you saying relating to a situation you have been in but don't go off topic and blab a lot, just stick to the point. Also confidence and preparation is also important. My interviewer told me he had to stop few interview in the middle because the candidates were lacking confidence or wasn't prepared well to answer. My advice is just to sit down and think about your past experiences in regards of challenge, initiative, teamwork. It is a good thing if you worked in a pharmacy before or had work experience, you can always relate to situations you encountered there. However, it is also important to talk about all the extracurricular activities you do, not just your studies or placements. Hope this helps. :smile:

NB: Don't forget to hand in passport copy and original like I did. :frown:

you absolute star! i could kiss you right now if you had a physical body :colondollar:

btw where was your interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Haha, glad I could help. my interview was in Hampshire! Where is yours? :smile:
Original post by Bijo93
Haha, glad I could help. my interview was in Hampshire! Where is yours? :smile:

Mine is in west Yorkshire. :smile:

How long do you think they will take to get back to you?
Reply 18
Original post by sachinisgod
Mine is in west Yorkshire. :smile:

How long do you think they will take to get back to you?

They will take about 6 weeks to get back to you. Good luck with your interview! :thumbsup:
Anyone heard anything back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending