Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in the OU originally I was going to do the Honours degree in Psychology but now I'm thinking of doing an Open degree instead. I've completed all my level twos and am in the middle of DD307 . My question is. Do I need to do another level 3 to complete an open degree? Also I am thinking of going in for sprts psychology but have noticed there's only one module on it . Am I right in thinking when the psychology degree is finished that you need to study for that module after to be qualified for Sports Psychology?

ReputationRep:
    You need 300 points to claim a foundation degree and you then add another 60 points to top that up to a degree with honours. You can do any combination of modules for the Open degree but you will need a certain number at each level, for example 120 at Level One, 120 at Level Two and 120 at Level Three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC2705)
    You need 300 points to claim a foundation degree and you then add another 60 points to top that up to a degree with honours. You can do any combination of modules for the Open degree but you will need a certain number at each level, for example 120 at Level One, 120 at Level Two and 120 at Level Three.
    ok thanks that's what I thought . I have 120 at level 1 and 120 at level 2 so it a ears after this module I'll need another 60 points. The reason I asked is I'm a wheelchair user and because of benefit cuts may have to shorten it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gizmo_)
    I am in the OU originally I was going to do the Honours degree in Psychology but now I'm thinking of doing an Open degree instead. I've completed all my level twos and am in the middle of DD307 . My question is. Do I need to do another level 3 to complete an open degree? Also I am thinking of going in for sprts psychology but have noticed there's only one module on it . Am I right in thinking when the psychology degree is finished that you need to study for that module after to be qualified for Sports Psychology?
    As the other poster said, it's 300 points for a foundation degree, 360 for a degree with honours. For an Open degree there is a list of optional modules worth 60 points that you have to take at level 1. You also need to make sure that you don't do 120 points at level 2 that are purely for a BA and then 120 at level 3 that are purely for a BSc. However, if you've been doing psychology most of those courses can count for either.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks they are all aimed. at Bsc.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.