Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I am a EU student (from Romania) and I have received two conditional offers for an undergraduate degree and I will apply through SAAS for funding for my tuition fees. However, when I tried to register an account on the SAAS website so that I can apply for funding, they asked me for my NI number, which is not required for EU students. I have specified when I tried to create my account that I am an EU student, applying for the first time for a undergraduate degree.

So what should I do? Is there another way to apply for fundings through SAAS other than their website? I've tried to contact them through Twitter but they didn't respond, and from what I heard they don't respond to emails too often.

Thank you!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by gabriel.cristian)
    Hello. I am a EU student (from Romania) and I have received two conditional offers for an undergraduate degree and I will apply through SAAS for funding for my tuition fees. However, when I tried to register an account on the SAAS website so that I can apply for funding, they asked me for my NI number, which is not required for EU students. I have specified when I tried to create my account that I am an EU student, applying for the first time for a undergraduate degree.

So what should I do? Is there another way to apply for fundings through SAAS other than their website? I've tried to contact them through Twitter but they didn't respond, and from what I heard they don't respond to emails too often.

Thank you!
    Is it a compulsory field?

They do respond to their emails, it just takes a little bit of time sometimes, but don't worry as you still have plenty of time to apply. You could try giving them a phone if that's possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Is it a compulsory field?
    Yes, it is marked as compulsory.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm from Romania too and I have the exact same problem. I couldn't find a way to register my details on SAAS. This is getting a bit frustrating since they are not responding to emails, twitter or even facebook. I've tried almost every way of getting in contact with them, but no response so far. Does anyone have an advice on what to do? Every bit of information is very useful indeed.

ReputationRep:
    I m in the same situation as you - can't proceed with application.

ReputationRep:
    They've responded to my question on facebook saying that I should select the second radio button, the one that says "I am an EU national who has never lived in the UK" or something like that (even though the message says clearly that I've selected that radio button). I've tried to send them an email, and after struggling with their online form, I've sent them one. However, they've replied that they did not receive any query from me...

I really don't know what to do anymore. Is there any EU national around here that managed to solve this problem?

LE: I think that there is a problem with their online form, not updating correctly based on what you select on the previous page.

ReputationRep:
    PaulAtreides figured it out and told me. Apparently, you can complete your form even though you leave the NI number field blank (it is marked as compulsory, however). So yeah...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.