When is a guy too skinny? Watch

Kieny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
And their hip bones can dig into you and it hurts. Though it's also painful with really huge (get your mind out the gutter) guys.

I'm a girl, 5'1 1/2" and 60kg so I'd say you were fairly skinny. If you're unhappy then maybe ask a doctor's opinion- he might be able to suggest a solution and maybe a cause (if there is one).

5' 11/12 and 65kg ish - I dont see myself as particularly thin ...

It just proves what they say ( only slightly adapted for the purpose of this thread ) ... "Skinniness is in the eye of the beholder"

KINGS - AAA (Come On!!)
bedbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A guy is too skinny when you can see his ribs and/or hips. I'm the same height as you, female and weigh more and I wouldn't say I was fat.

I'm not a fan of skinny guys, boyfriend wise. You want someone who's going to be able to look after you if needs be - a nice stereotypical male.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dragon Warrior)
i only go for skinny guys, don't know why, just feel attracted to them more.
My last boyfriend was naught but skin and bone.
Just goes to show, it's all in the eys of the beholder. Whne I say I like a buig guy, I don't mean with loads of ripped muscles, I mean kind of bulky with a bit of spare tyre.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Like I said, I'm not all skin and bones, there is some muscle to me. I can't understand why I still weigh so little.... I think I might invest in some new bathroom scales, and if that doesn't change anything, then maybe a couple of 24oz steaks
Anonymous #1
Report 12 years ago
Well im slightly on the slim side.

Ok im about 5 ft 11 and weight 11 stone 2 pounds. is that skinny? (im a guy)
Anonymous #1
Report 12 years ago
Thats me on the above anon post, so basically I weight 70 KG and 5ft 11 . I dont think thats skinny but some people think it is.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well im slightly on the slim side.

Ok im about 5 ft 11 and weight 11 stone 2 pounds. is that skinny? (im a guy)
Nah, that doesn't sound too skinny.
Makky_Legend
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nay...you're not skinny, beside all guys fill out as they get older anyways.
Ting-Ting
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by squirly)
I'm not a fan of skinny guys, boyfriend wise. You want someone who's going to be able to look after you if needs be - a nice stereotypical male.
Yeah I like a bit of flesh and muscle on my guy too!
But my housemate likes her bf to be podgy all the time just so she would appear much skinnier next to him. As soon as his weight drops one bit she would try to fatten him up with her cooking and stuff....weird since shes anorexically skinny anyway.:confused:

I think i would expect a guy of 5ft 11" would be a bit heavier than 11st 2lbs but you're not TOO skinny. just build up some muscles if you don't want to look lanky.
DredgeReformist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
I know opinions are going to vary, but I was just wondering what the general consensus was for when a guy is too skinny. I'm pretty skinny myself, I'm 5'10"ish and weigh about 56kg. I've tried putting on weight before, but I can never really be bothered with the effort. It's helpful to have a good strength/ weight ratio for rock climbing.

anywho, what're other people's thoughts?
I'm the same height and 59kg. I think I'm too skinny.

Partly I just have small bone structure, like my wrists are really thin. But its also because I don't have any fat.

Planning to do some weights at some point but don't want to risk it stunting my growth as I'd love to be 6ft.
Anonymous #1
Report 12 years ago
Im definitely not lanlky (not like 6ft 2! with my weight!)

But ive always had probs with my weight, last few years ive been stuck on 10 stone -10 and a half stone, but only recently, its going up and now over 11 stone, but i want to increase it.

Is it true that muscle weighs more than fat (as im aiming for weight gain in muscle, obviously?)
Makky_Legend
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im definitely not lanlky (not like 6ft 2! with my weight!)

But ive always had probs with my weight, last few years ive been stuck on 10 stone -10 and a half stone, but only recently, its going up and now over 11 stone, but i want to increase it.

Is it true that muscle weighs more than fat (as im aiming for weight gain in muscle, obviously?)
true
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Yeah, muscle does weight more than fat. If you wanna put on weight, I would say that building up muscles is healthier than piling on the calories.
Anonymous #1
Report 12 years ago
Well of course, eating healthhier food AND building muscles =

I dont have a health problem, i checked my BMI and its around 21-23 depending on which website is used. Usually BMI 19-25 is healthy and ideal weight for my height (5 ft 11). I guess its more of an image problem (i dont want to look skinny)
Clairehayz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When is a guy too skinny?...when he is Lukeharmz. lol.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
Yeah, it's a pain, verging on two-dimensional existance all the time. On a slightly more serious note, I'm not completely devoid of any muscle, I rock climb quite regularly and up until recently I'd been practicing Shotokan Karate for c. 8 years.

Joeybee: how does one work out by how much they are 'underweight'?
That's precisely my point.
global_warning
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you do Shotokan, you are in great shape, no worries.
Lucyvet2006
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know a guy who is 6'5" and just under 10 stone. He's INCREDIBLY lanky but he's healthy + eats like a horse- people make skinny jokes to him but hell, I'd rather that any day than be called fat. Love the skin you're in!
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can you give a girl an orgasm? That's all they really care about so as long as you can do that you could look like a holocaust survivor and still be in there.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by joeybee)
How long is a piece of sting??
Somone is too skinny when they are underweight by more than about half a stone, because they are getting to be unhealthy.And that's the same for men and women.
I have problems with my weight, i have always been underweight and however much i eat i still can't put it on. But that's just me, and that's natural. i'm not unhealthy because i eat healthily, exercise and stay active.
People call my skinny at times, and i don't like it much, everyone is all shapes and sizes, so as long as you are not putting your health at risk, then whatever weight you are happy with, and what you feel comfortable with, is probably then best.
:ditto:

over the last few months i've been around the lower end of the 'normal' class of the BMI scale...

I think it's due to me being 6ft 4 though :rolleyes: I still do sports, but do look quite skinny to be perfectly honest..

I think i am just under 11 stone right now...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (163)
39%
No - but I will (22)
5.26%
No - I don't want to (31)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed