Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am doing AS Philosophy & Ethics, and we did not sit either exam in January, so are sitting them in May instead.
    How did the exam go for you ( what grades etc.)
    What were the question options like?
    How did you revise for it and are you resitting?
    What are the examiners actually looking/marking for when marking the papers and what will get an A/B ?
    Basically just tell me all you feel/felt about this exam, I feel I'm going into it a bit blind!

ReputationRep:
    Which board is it? This will help you a lot. Use past papers to check the question styles, as they vary from board to board. Personally, I resat an Ethics paper doing AQA. There was a choice of four questions and you had to do two. Each question was in two parts and you had to do both parts. You end up doing four essays, two 30 mark and two 15 mark, in 1 hr 15 mins.
    As to what examiners are looking for, there are also examiners reports. They want you to include scholars, use key terms etc as a general rule.
    I only did one paper (a resit) and got 93 UMS, which bumped up my previous C grade to an A.
    Good luck in May!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginger_comedian)
    Which board is it? This will help you a lot. Use past papers to check the question styles, as they vary from board to board. Personally, I resat an Ethics paper doing AQA. There was a choice of four questions and you had to do two. Each question was in two parts and you had to do both parts. You end up doing four essays, two 30 mark and two 15 mark, in 1 hr 15 mins.
    As to what examiners are looking for, there are also examiners reports. They want you to include scholars, use key terms etc as a general rule.
    I only did one paper (a resit) and got 93 UMS, which bumped up my previous C grade to an A.
    Good luck in May!!
    Thanks I am with OCR and I think the format may be slightly different to AQA, but helpful answer none the less

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing the paper in May, I know Plato, The cosmological argument, and evolution came up in the January exam... For ethics natural law and christian ethics came up, can't remember what else

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.