Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically, there's been an ongoing argument in my head for about four months now- don't know if i should stay with my boyfriend or not. I've been with my long distance boyfriend for nearly 8 months (we've been long distance almost the whole time as i moved away to uni 2 weeks after we got together), we've broken up very briefly twice during the last 3 months (i did the breaking up because i was finding the distance really hard) but both times we have got back together quickly cos we simply don't want to be without each other.

But I keep asking myself that big question- do we have a future together? Its tearing me apart and causing so much confusion. He sort of knows what he wants to do with his life, he says he wants to go to college then eventually to uni, but he's missed the application deadline for a third year running part of me thinks he will be stuck in his dead-end job back home forever. I know its his life, not mine, but i feel like we're never gonna have a chance to be near each other and both studying at the same time. I'll probably have left uni by the time he starts!

How are we meant to know if we have a future if nothing is planned? Part of me thinks i should end it with him for good, i keep pondering it hard. But then i think 'hold on, what am i doing?' cos i love him and have never met anyone like him before, he's the best boyfriend you could ever have. I can't imagine life without him and really don't want to hurt him by breaking up again. But long distance its self is horrible, especially since he's my first ever boyfriend and i'm only eighteen (which also makes it difficult to think about the future, cos i'm basically just a kid)

Any advice would be fantastic

ReputationRep:
    I think you should take things as they come. Yes, the distance will be hard, but if you truly want to be together, you will find ways around that, as I assume you have done so far. Is there a posibility that you could move to wherever he is when you finish Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    I think you should take things as they come. Yes, the distance will be hard, but if you truly want to be together, you will find ways around that, as I assume you have done so far. Is there a posibility that you could move to wherever he is when you finish Uni?
    Thanks, i've been trying to have that attitude towards things, but its really difficult. We do try to see each other as much as possiblt- its great when we can.

I don't want to live back there, its my hometown. I want to live somewhere where i can hopefully use the biology degree i hope to obtain at uni i've got 3 years of uni to go as well, its a long time

ReputationRep:
    Keep your focus intent on the purpose and that is to be with your boyfriend whatever it takes till the end and let anything come your way as it occurs, I know the distance between you and your boyfriend is hard to live with, but the path on which you are walking that is the path of love is always this or even more worse or should say Tough to go through.
    It is never easy for a couple specially LDR Couple to keep up with the hope of getting together and living together forever, as the situation does not let you do so, but trust me rather than concentrating on negative things, start looking for every single small or big positive things about your relationship, and start counting every positive thing leaving behind the negatives, when you will do so, you will see that your attitude and your feeling toward your relationship will start getting positive and you may then visualize you and your boyfriend living together in future happily, because unless you are not able to have faith on your purpose and your will to do whatever it takes(Of course legally) to, to get to your purpose and visualize it with full confidence and feel from inner soul, you may not be able to make it through, it will seem bit difficult for the initial stages as coping with the distance is been, but once you get familiar with counting on just positives, you will never find any time to concentrate for negative. And once you start changing your frequency from negative to positive, you will find everything around you changing from sorrow to happiness and tempting you to go close to your purpose much faster rate than you are moving now.....Best of Luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.