Anyone going to Kingston Uni this year? Watch

Nickyc
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Make sure you make the most of it

When do you first years start University?

Our semester starts on the 25th.
charna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
we move in the week before on the 18th dont we.....but classes start the week after .i think?
angel1607
Badges: 1
Report 12 years ago
What are the backgrounds of the majority of people studying at kingston etc black, white, asian because people keep telling me different things.
Na0mi
Report 12 years ago
hey,

im going to kingston this year...tad bit scared but even more excited!

How have people heard about freshers week and accomodation, i havent had any info on that yet, ive just been told that my accomodation is confirmed?

Na0mi x
Salad_Kreme!
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Na0mi)
hey,

How have people heard about freshers week and accomodation, i havent had any info on that yet, ive just been told that my accomodation is confirmed?

Na0mi x
i was so curious as to wot room id been allocated, so i foned up the uni and they told me i had got the 'en suite' (yippee!) lol they sed the details shud arrive 2me by monday..darn the £200 deposit tho! :-(
HannahZ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by angel1607)
What are the backgrounds of the majority of people studying at kingston etc black, white, asian because people keep telling me different things.
It depends on which course you are doing. Different subjects seem to attract people from different backgrounds - I'm not sure why. Computing and business attract a lot of asian students, art and design hardly any. Generally the university has a fairly high proportion of people of different ethnic backgrounds.There are a lot of black and asian students at Penrhyn Road campus, as that's where the computing and engineering departments are. Knights Park is predominantly white, as that's where the art and design courses are. Kingston Hill is very mixed. There are quite a lot of European students too - Russians, Greeks and other nationalities. If you want to get a feel for the social mix go and visit.
julesc
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Na0mi)
hey,

Na0mi x

Hi fellow West Sussexite!! Don't be scared but be very excited. I haven't had any info on the freshers week yet, but there is some info on the su website www.kusu.co.uk. If your accommodation is confirmed ie on the website, then you should get your halls licence and all the halls info stuff through in the post. I went up to Kingston on Friday just to have a look around and see the accommodation which all looks good to me. They are really helpful in the accommodation office so if you have any worries, I would give them a call. Also, you should be getting pre-enrolment stuff in the post soon as well (just about all the enrolment details and rules and regulations - boring stuff!).

Good luck!!
Na0mi
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by julesc)
Hi fellow West Sussexite!! Don't be scared but be very excited. I haven't had any info on the freshers week yet, but there is some info on the su website www.kusu.co.uk. If your accommodation is confirmed ie on the website, then you should get your halls licence and all the halls info stuff through in the post. I went up to Kingston on Friday just to have a look around and see the accommodation which all looks good to me. They are really helpful in the accommodation office so if you have any worries, I would give them a call. Also, you should be getting pre-enrolment stuff in the post soon as well (just about all the enrolment details and rules and regulations - boring stuff!).

Good luck!!
ive got all my enrolment stuff through now, and got the accommodation i wanted! which is all good, is anyone else at seething wells?

ive been up to kingston a few times now, i have a friend who lives up there, so ive got used to it a bit, and fingers crossed can find my way around?!

£200 deposit for halls though..thats not a nice chunk of money to take away from me before its even begun!

where in chichester r u from? did you go to chi college?
Tennis-Player
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep, I'm coming to Kingston to study Marketing Management in September, staying at Kingston Hill en-suite halls.

I'm interested by the offer conditions that you guys received, and what grades you all actually achieved in the end.

Let me explain .......

My offer for Kingston was 240 points (CCC) which I've actually exceeded by quite a margin.

I'm kind of now feeling like I could of got into a "better" uni, but then again I visited Kingston and it seemed like a really nice place - hence me putting it as my first choice, and rejecting some of the other unis I applied to who actually had higher offers, but whom I didn't think I'd get in to :rolleyes:

I suppose it's all a bit irrelevant now anyway seeing as though I'm deff going to Kingston, but I just want to know what grades did everyone else going to Kingston achieve at A Level??? Finding other people who are in the same position as me (having far exceeded their offer) would make me feel a whole lot happier.

Anyway, I don't want to sound too down because I AM REALLY looking forward to going! Kingston looks like a great place to study , and living in London is going to be SO cool!

Look forward to maybe meeting some of you guys soon :cool: Anyone else staying in Chancellors Hall?
Nickyc
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Tennis-Player)
Yep, I'm coming to Kingston to study Marketing Management in September, staying at Kingston Hill en-suite halls.

I'm interested by the offer conditions that you guys received, and what grades you all actually achieved in the end.

Let me explain .......

My offer for Kingston was 240 points (CCC) which I've actually exceeded by quite a margin.

I'm kind of now feeling like I could of got into a "better" uni, but then again I visited Kingston and it seemed like a really nice place - hence me putting it as my first choice, and rejecting some of the other unis I applied to who actually had higher offers, but whom I didn't think I'd get in to :rolleyes:

I suppose it's all a bit irrelevant now anyway seeing as though I'm deff going to Kingston, but I just want to know what grades did everyone else going to Kingston achieve at A Level??? Finding other people who are in the same position as me (having far exceeded their offer) would make me feel a whole lot happier.

Anyway, I don't want to sound too down because I AM REALLY looking forward to going! Kingston looks like a great place to study , and living in London is going to be SO cool!

Look forward to maybe meeting some of you guys soon :cool: Anyone else staying in Chancellors Hall?
Hi there,

I managed to get 360 UCAS points myself (BND - Distinction) and initially I was abit unsure of whether I decided on the right University. My concern was because I attended a different University and unfortunately I didn't enjoy it and got quite depressed about it. I thought, just do a course which you like the sound of.

Kingston stood out. Its in London so its close to home and I really like the area. I met the entry requirements by quite a big margin. This is a good thing, because it shows that you won't have too much of a hard time. You can play this to your advantage.

For example, I enrolled on a degree requiring AAB and I was working so hard just to get by. I didn't do many activities or attend many socials due to the workload. The course / University wasn't for me.

I switched to Kingston and I couldn't be more happier. Yes its not a redbrick Uni, but that didn't stop me. The course is great and I am enjoying it. I managed to secure a First during my first year and been approached to participate in a number of academic roles. (Anyone that is doing Programming, you might see me in the labs )

I have just recently enrolled on the MComp integrated masters programme (requiring 300 UCAS points). It was offered to 12 second year students which was based on the first year performance.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Don't be in doubt.
Tennis-Player
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks for that.

I'm feeling ok about it now anyway
Tennis-Player
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nicky, or anyone else ,

I'll be bringing my car with me....

How do you apply for a parking permit for parking by my halls of residence? (I'm staying at Chancellors Hall, Kingston Hill.)

I've heard you get one from reception, but don't know whether I need to apply for one now before I arrive, or whether to just do it when I get there?

Also, do you know if you have to pay for a permit, and whether there are usually enough spaces?

Thanks
Chris_21
Report 12 years ago
Just wondering when people think it is the best time to look at part time jobs... is during freshers week or is it best to begin looking now.
HannahZ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you have the chance, try and get in there before everyone else arrives.
Hana_87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im going this year Not staying in halls tho!

Need some friends before i go, none of mine are going!
Nickyc
Report 12 years ago
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...vices.htm?id=3

Your best bet is to call them up. I had a few friends at Clayhill and there were more than enough parking spaces. You'd need a permit as am guessing because Clayhill required one.

http://www.kingston.ac.uk/~kuweb////...udent_view.htm

As for jobs, there's no harm looking now. In fact, I'd probably suggest you start now as others are probably in the same positions.

Lilly, am sure you will make loads of friends. Freshers is alot of fun.
Neverendingroses
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Wow seems like everyone knows they got into halls already?
I'd better assume I havent! (crap!)

time to start househunting then :confused:

ps: Lily. So not important but you have the same birthday as me. Was looking at your my spazz Happy -3 wks away- Bday
Neverendingroses
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Phew! Woke up this morning and found out I'm in Seething Wells

They must have heard me freaking out!

thank God for that!
julesc
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Na0mi)
ive got all my enrolment stuff through now, and got the accommodation i wanted! which is all good, is anyone else at seething wells?

ive been up to kingston a few times now, i have a friend who lives up there, so ive got used to it a bit, and fingers crossed can find my way around?!

£200 deposit for halls though..thats not a nice chunk of money to take away from me before its even begun!

where in chichester r u from? did you go to chi college?
I'm in at seething wells too. You are right, 200 quid is not nice to take so early on. At least they don't take any rent until november though.

I'm living near Southbourne at the moment so to the west of chi. I was at chi college, finished there this june. Were you there too?
Na0mi
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by julesc)
I'm in at seething wells too. You are right, 200 quid is not nice to take so early on. At least they don't take any rent until november though.

I'm living near Southbourne at the moment so to the west of chi. I was at chi college, finished there this june. Were you there too?

No i was at Havant college, where ive just finished. I know southbourne quite well my Mum wanted to move there but it seemed quite dull there? so we moved to the slightly less duller place of Arundel?!

Have you visited Seething wells before? My friend lived there last year, and when i went to visit him i really liked it there.

what will you be studying?
Do you know anyone else local who is going to Kingston?

wow, lots of question! hehe.

me xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Wed, 10 Jul '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.73%
No - but I will (104)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise