Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    rs
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by cl1.)
    After my exams in May I will be moving out of my mum's house to either my uncle's or my dad's. Should I wait until then to apply for my student finance and put my household income as theirs or do I still have to use my mum's household income?

Thanks in advance.
    I would wait till you move out as long as you still apply before the SAAS deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    I would wait till you move out as long as you still apply before the SAAS deadline.
    Ok, do you know if there are any legal processes required when I move out for it to be official? Do I have to send anything to SAAS about my address? I will be permanently moved out as my bedroom is going to become my brothers and my dad and uncle both have bedrooms for me that I can live in.

ReputationRep:
    Just so you know, Student finance deadline is 31st of May, I would advise you do it ASAP.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by cl1.)
    Ok, do you know if there are any legal processes required when I move out for it to be official? Do I have to send anything to SAAS about my address? I will be permanently moved out as my bedroom is going to become my brothers and my dad and uncle both have bedrooms for me that I can live in.
    I don't recall having to ever send anything to SAAS about my address when I first applied, but that was a few years ago so things may have changed. Contact SAAS and ask if you're worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yarshad)
    Just so you know, Student finance deadline is 31st of May, I would advise you do it ASAP.
    really? I thought it was the 30th of June, but I can't find the deadline on the new SAAS website... where did you see the 31st of May?

Edit: just checked an email from UCAS saying the deadline is the 30th of June
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I believe it's 30th June?

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's 30th June?
    (Original post by cl1.)
    really? I thought it was the 30th of June, but I can't find the deadline on the new SAAS website... where did you see the 31st of May?

Edit: just checked an email from UCAS saying the deadline is the 30th of June
    I'm really confused,

Name:  20130418_215201.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  524.9 KBName:  20130418_215201.jpg
Size:  524.9 KB
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I'm really confused,

Name:  20130418_215201.jpg
Size:  524.9 KBName:  20130418_215201.jpg
Size:  524.9 KB
    You're in the SAAS forum, for Scottish students.

That's for Student Finance England.

ReputationRep:
    You're in the SAAS forum, for Scottish students.

That's for Student Finance England.
    Whoops, soz guys. Still a newbie to TSR.

Sorry for the confusion
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Whoops, soz guys. Still a newbie to TSR.

Sorry for the confusion
    No worries!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.