Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey I've never thought myself the jealous type but I've surprised myself this time, I'm so angry with this girl, if I'm being an idiot then tell me, I admit openly that what I'm about to confess is irrational!
    So this girl who kind of knows my boyfriend casually likes his photos on facebook and comments on stuff. she doesn't know him very well, they have mutual friends, she's more friendly with a couple of his friends and she used to go out with one his friends. I never really got to know her as she's never at social events I'm at, which is weird in itself really.
    I've not had a great impression of her as when she broke up with her b/f, my b/f and his friends were saying she'd gone a bit wild/sleeping around. I imediatly thought, god I don't want her slobbering over my b/f! Sounds possesive I know but it's how I felt!
    In the past I broke up with a guy who cheated on me with a mutual friend who'd just broken up with her b/f. Since then I've been a bit cynical towards guys and girls.
    Anyway, I told my b/f how I feel and he said I have nothing to worry about and that he has no interest in this girl and that I should forget about it.
    But she just like his profile pic and I'm so angry with her! I want to rip her head off! I hardly even know her but I want to tell her to back up! It's weird cos she must know I exist but has made no effort to include me in anything.
    I admit that I'm partly taking out old anger I have from previous girl who snabbed y b/f. But really who wouldn't?
    so tempted to message her it's unreal... what should I do?!
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey I've never thought myself the jealous type but I've surprised myself this time, I'm so angry with this girl, if I'm being an idiot then tell me, I admit openly that what I'm about to confess is irrational!
    So this girl who kind of knows my boyfriend casually likes his photos on facebook and comments on stuff. she doesn't know him very well, they have mutual friends, she's more friendly with a couple of his friends and she used to go out with one his friends. I never really got to know her as she's never at social events I'm at, which is weird in itself really.
    I've not had a great impression of her as when she broke up with her b/f, my b/f and his friends were saying she'd gone a bit wild/sleeping around. I imediatly thought, god I don't want her slobbering over my b/f! Sounds possesive I know but it's how I felt!
    In the past I broke up with a guy who cheated on me with a mutual friend who'd just broken up with her b/f. Since then I've been a bit cynical towards guys and girls.
    Anyway, I told my b/f how I feel and he said I have nothing to worry about and that he has no interest in this girl and that I should forget about it.
    But she just like his profile pic and I'm so angry with her! I want to rip her head off! I hardly even know her but I want to tell her to back up! It's weird cos she must know I exist but has made no effort to include me in anything.
    I admit that I'm partly taking out old anger I have from previous girl who snabbed y b/f. But really who wouldn't?
    Your boyfriend has said you got nothing to worry about, he is with you and not her. He is allowed to have other female friends.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. He's not doing it to her, he will have no reason to stray if everything is good.
    Jealousy is not sexy to us whatsoever. Just shows inner insecurity and that is a major turn off.

ReputationRep:
    ... What kind of comments does she put? Are they flirty?

Try to give this girl the benefit of the doubt. It's just not sisterly to jump to conclusions based on FB 'likes'. Now don't get me wrong - she probably DOES fancy your fella - in the same way she probably fancies other fellas. At this stage you should just take it as a compliment, however, if she steps it up a notch (and maybe she has, it depends what kind of comments she's been leaving..) then feel free to shut the b**** down. Your boyfriend should understand, and I'd expect him to do the same if a guy were clocking onto you in that way, fully aware of your tandem status. Jealousy schmelousy. This isn't about inner insecurities. It's about your gorram territory guuuuuurl!

My fella has had to 'have words' before, and it would be totally hypocritical for me to be made out as the Bad Guy if I needed to do the same. It's very simple. We're together, that's how it is. If anyone tries to get on that, they get burned, guy or girl, it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Jealousy is natural. Just don't be an overly attached girlfriend - it might end with misunderstanding.
    If she gets out of hand, you could tell her off, either using Facebook messages or face to face (if that's even possible). As long as your boyfriend isn't playing with her, he ought to understand. Trust your boyfriend! :console:

My boyfriend had that problem with many girls on his Facebook and Skype account, and he eventually took down most of his pictures (except for some "unattractive" pictures) and blocked many girls. I guess he knew I would argue about it, because we had an argument with a stalker-girl who had a major crush on him once. Lol I sound like an overly attached girlfriend myself :blush:

ReputationRep:
    depending on what the comments say you are probably reading to much into it based on your past hurt. There is no reason to assume she would go after your boyfriend because she was sleeping around after a breakup or whatever. Casual sex/ rebounds does not mean boyfriend stealing *****. It sounds like they were already kind of friends just not that close, there are people I talk to on facebook more than I see in real life they could be the same? I don't see why she would make any effort to include you in these conversations or even when she sees him either shes his friend not yours and if they are not close enough you happen to be at similar social events when going with your boyfriend they are not close enough that she would be interested in getting to know his girlfriend.

but as to the chance that she actually was after him. You need to trust him that he would never do anything even if it was the case. Talking about your concerns and asking for reassurance is fine but trust his actions not obsess over hers.

If you send her the message when she had no bad intentions you will just look like a *****. And if you send it when she did she will probably just laugh at it and use your insecurities against you rather than back off because you said so. Basically don't message her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It sounds like he's not even that close with her.

You should read this post back to yourself and consider how psychotic and possessive you come across as.

ReputationRep:
    First off, that's really, really, sucky about what happened with your past relationship. Your feelings are certainly understandable. :hugs:

But the important point is...don't let what that last scumbag did to you affect your relationship with this new guy. They're different people. Before you're ready to start a new relationship, you need to let go of the past and approach this relationship willing to trust again. It's not fair to put your old suspicions on your new boyfriend for no reason. And it doesn't sound like you have a reason.

Firstly, your boyfriend has done nothing. It takes two to cheat. This girl could turn up naked at his house and it wouldn't affect anything unless he makes a decision. He's the only one whose behavior you have to concern yourself with.

Secondly...more context specific....liking a profile pictures means nothing. Like, seriously, nothing. I tend to like about 80% of the profile pictures that turn up in my newsfeed. I'm usually more scared of liking the pictures of people I actually fancy than those I don't. It's way overreacting.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.