Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a 3500 word essay due and my lecturer won't help one bit...

The question asks me too "evaluate the concept of satisfactory quality under the sale of good act 1979. How well has this concept worked in practice?"

what does it mean when it refers to concept? My understanding is how it works in reality aka case law and judgments. Does this sound right! Any tips????

thanks, a stressful law student

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Basically I think it is asking: what was the act trying to achieve, and did it succeed in doing so.
    So, outline what satisfactory quality means, both in general and in the act, try to find a definition in the act, I'm sure there is one somewhere.
    Then move on to the case law, what has it added to the meaning of satisfactory quality? If nothing/when done move onto the case law and how it has worked/not worked etc.
    Then sum it up, has it worked?

Hope that's helped

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I basically made my plan similar to this so at least I know I'm on the right track

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.