Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

someone to travel with through Thailand Cambodia Vietnam and china Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can see this is a problem with a few people too! I really want to travel to thailand then down to Cambodia and Vietnam and maybe venture into china! But i don't really want to go by myself! all my friends are either too busy or at uni etc etc! so i thought i would post on here to see if anyone fancied it! My plan is to book a one way flight to thailand and first couple nights accommodation and then see what happens! Flights are really cheap at the moment too, so was looking to go next month sometime!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom643)
    Can see this is a problem with a few people too! I really want to travel to thailand then down to Cambodia and Vietnam and maybe venture into china! But i don't really want to go by myself! all my friends are either too busy or at uni etc etc! so i thought i would post on here to see if anyone fancied it! My plan is to book a one way flight to thailand and first couple nights accommodation and then see what happens! Flights are really cheap at the moment too, so was looking to go next month sometime!
    Im having a gap year after i finish school this year and these are my most desired destinations!!! But i probs wont be going out til sometime next year...maybe you could tell me about it and good places to go if you decide to go next month

ReputationRep:
    Book a return not a single. You won't feel like such a badass traveller (*yeah bro, don't even know when I'm coming back bro, I guess when iv found myself*) when you get told you can't enter the country because you can't prove onward travel... Even if you book a flight home for 6 months time and need to change it closer to the time.

Make sure you sort out visas in advance too, and keep to them. I got in trouble for overstaying my Laos visa in 2009 and it cost me a fair bit of money. Thailand offers 30 days if you fly in or 15 if you go in by land. If you plan to leave Thailand for any time it's worth getting a double entry visa in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've booked a ticket to Beijing on the 1st July then another ticket to Bangkok for the following day. I'm going to Thailand with my best friend for 6 weeks. We've got similar plans to yourself, I don't see no problems if you wanted to tag along

(This applies to anyone, my Mother is pretty worried with just two girls going alone)

Annalise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annuhlees)
    Hi,

I've booked a ticket to Beijing on the 1st July then another ticket to Bangkok for the following day. I'm going to Thailand with my best friend for 6 weeks. We've got similar plans to yourself, I don't see no problems if you wanted to tag along

(This applies to anyone, my Mother is pretty worried with just two girls going alone)

Annalise.
    Where in Thailand are you hoping to go?
    I want to head to Bangkok after spending 4 weeks in Phuket it would be great to explore Bangkok with someone. My plane back the uk leaves on the 15th August.
    I am a girl too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom643)
    Let me know if u are going to Cambodia, so that I could recommend you some good places. Cus I am Cambodian! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im heading to thailand on the 5th starting in bangkok and going down to the islands, then travelling to vietnam on the 5th of july so if anyone is around would be nice to meet up!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.