Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I started seeing this guy a few weeks back and I really think there could be something between us but he doesn't do dirty talk and so things aren't really getting anywhere in the bedroom department :/

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Do you message him stuff first?

ReputationRep:
    So why don't you just forget the talking and get right to it?

ReputationRep:
    Like him for who he is, he is not a sexual object.

ReputationRep:
    Just lay naked on his bed for when he arrives home.

Things will probably progress then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki1805)
    Just lay naked on his bed for when he arrives home.

Things will probably progress then.
    ^This will always work without fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    ^This will always work without fail.
    I think it can fail - if I tried I'd probably fall asleep waiting for him XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaNerdfighter)
    I think it can fail - if I tried I'd probably fall asleep waiting for him XD
    Play xbox/ps3 to keep you awake? that way he's got a gamer chick lying naked on his bed - who's going to turn down that?

ReputationRep:
    He could be shy.

My ex tried it with me, I really liked her so I was really shy trying to talk dirty to her. I think the fact I liked her so much made it much harder to let go of my inhibitions. Maybe it's the same for him.

If it's only a few weeks, maybe he's waiting to ease you into it. My boyfriend took months

Posted from TSR Mobile

Play Poison-Talk Dirty to me while lying on the bed naked when he comes home.

Or just try encourageing him,talk dirty to him,it might make him want to join in. Otherwise you can't really force him too if it isn't something he likes doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalteseMalteser)
    Play xbox/ps3 to keep you awake? that way he's got a gamer chick lying naked on his bed - who's going to turn down that?
    That is a very good idea - as long as I'm willing to stop playing the game and pay attention to him when he arrives

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone is into that sort of thing - I fall into that category and it did cause a little bit of tension in my last relationship. I really don't get the whole dirty talk / sexting thing, it isn't for everyone!

Just skip that part, no point in forcing him to do it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't dirty talk either. It just sounds ridiculous to me, I don't get it at all. Why is it stopping things not getting anywhere? I think sex would come before dirty talk because sex, naturally leads from touching or kissing, and then you can talk about it after. I wouldn't she say 'I want to **** you so hard' or whatever before anything had happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChandlerBing)
    I started seeing this guy a few weeks back and I really think there could be something between us but he doesn't do dirty talk and so things aren't really getting anywhere in the bedroom department :/

Any advice?
    Haha, yeah. You should chill a little, I think with talking dirty, you need to feel reasonably comfortable with the person you're intercoursing.

Wait until you get into a bit of a rhythm (no pun intended) and a comfort zone, it should come (no pun intended) much more easily.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.