Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Irish people are lying scum and shouldn't be trusted... Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/thatc...iars-1.1363098

Nice to see what the ex-PM thought of the people in an entire region of the UK.

What a bigot. I'd like to see Cameron get away with a comment like this.

ReputationRep:
    Now I know why so many hated this woman.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a supporter of the Thatcher regime but why say this now when she can't defend herself? Cowards.

ReputationRep:
    Nice spin on the headline :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    I'm not a supporter of the Thatcher regime but why say this now when she can't defend herself? Cowards.
    It was Peter Mandelson that said it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)

They don't have the blarney stone for nothing

ReputationRep:
    The Irish have always been considered to be the untermensch of society.

I was born in England of two irish parents, and was reminded of my irish ancestry, that I was a lesser person because of it throughout school.

Its made me extra motivated in life though, that because of something I could not control, meant I was racially inferior to others in society, partically to those of germanic/saxon ancestry (which is most of England really). I suppose we were similar to the way people view slavs in that regard, that I will always sub-human scum.

But like I say my so called sub-human genes, haven't held me back too much, trying to attain 4 A*/A's to do dentistry and have a successful career. So we'll see who's laughing later.

ReputationRep:
    Thatcher's grandmother hailed from County Kerry.

ReputationRep:

So I assume they're talking about Northern Ireland rather than the Republic of Ireland when they say 'The Irish' right?

Since when has Peter Mandleson saying anything actually meant anything? How do we know he isn't lying? How do we know the Irish Times isn't making up ****?

Tbh, they really shouldn't have been allowing the IRA to escape the British authorities whenever they murdered.

(Original post by Fusion)
    Actually from Co Cork, no doubt...

I hope you're not suggesting being a quarter Irish gives you carte blanche to be racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhzhaK)
    Actually from Co Cork, no doubt...

I hope you're not suggesting being a quarter Irish gives you carte blanche to be racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I stated a fact that her grandmother was from Kenmare, County Kerry.

ReputationRep:
    Well she said it to Mandelson, NI secretary of state at the time, perhaps she only meant those in the North.

I thought it was her great-grandmother anyway.

I stated a fact that her grandmother was from Kenmare, County Kerry.
    Thanks for that clarification.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not actually being sarcastic, just a little dry.

ReputationRep:
    Well she said it to Mandelson, NI secretary of state at the time, perhaps she only meant those in the North.

I thought it was her great-grandmother anyway.

I beleive it was

ReputationRep:
    I beleive it was
    Just out of interest is there any proof over this, I would find it quite funny if it was, she can't be related to the untermensch surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    Just out of interest is there any proof over this, I would find it quite funny if it was, she can't be related to the untermensch surely?
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/k...es-228640.html

ReputationRep:
    The Irish have not exactly endeared themselves to the English over the years, to be fair, although alternatively the same could be said about the English to the Irish.

Basically, there has been mutual contempt on both sides of the Irish Sea at times, although it's far better today than it was a few decades ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    The Irish have always been considered to be the untermensch of society.

I was born in England of two irish parents, and was reminded of my irish ancestry, that I was a lesser person because of it throughout school.

Its made me extra motivated in life though, that because of something I could not control, meant I was racially inferior to others in society, partically to those of germanic/saxon ancestry (which is most of England really). I suppose we were similar to the way people view slavs in that regard, that I will always sub-human scum.

But like I say my so called sub-human genes, haven't held me back too much, trying to attain 4 A*/A's to do dentistry and have a successful career. So we'll see who's laughing later.
    That sort of imaginary discrimination and chip on your shoulder is exactly the reason why some people find the Irish grating.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Not one accusation of racism. Imagine if it were in M word instead of Irish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slickrick666999)
    Wow. Not one accusation of racism. Imagine if it were in M word instead of Irish
    Erm, I'd consider it to be racist, as would many others. Just because no one has said that it's racist, doesn't mean it's not....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.