Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am having trouble accessing hotmail from my computer. I can access msn and see how many e-mails I have in my inbox but when I try to access my mail it says I have entered an invalid password. The same also applies for anyone else who tries to access hotmail from my computer. When I try to log on through the main page it also says "invalid password". My password works from other computers, therfore isn't invalid.

Can somebody please make some sense of this as I am completley clueless!!

Gracias

xx

ReputationRep:
    Not a clue...

ReputationRep:
    Hola! Welcome to UKL, where the sun always shines!

Maybe you could try erasing your cookies/temporary internet files? I don't know if that will work, but it's worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hola)
    Hello!

I am having trouble accessing hotmail from my computer. I can access msn and see how many e-mails I have in my inbox but when I try to access my mail it says I have entered an invalid password. The same also applies for anyone else who tries to access hotmail from my computer. When I try to log on through the main page it also says "invalid password". My password works from other computers, therfore isn't invalid.

Can somebody please make some sense of this as I am completley clueless!!

Gracias

xx
    what did you type in the password field

ReputationRep:
    Could be a trojan horse. This happened to my daughter and she kept getting Perfect Nav pages too. If using XP, turn off the restore facility and reboot. That may fix it. Don't forget to turn it back on again if you want to sue it again later! It does mean you'll lose all your earlier restore points. I could find a lengthy explanation for this if you want me to but it'll take a while, so I won't find it yet. I think the explanation may include advice for 98 too. Let me know if you're still stuck.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.