Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I'm an English and Linguistics student doing a fieldwork exercise on the murals which pop up all over Belfast, and I've created a very short questionnaire to gather opinions to use in my exercise.

I would be very appreciative of anyone who would be lovely enough to fill it out, I swear it won't take up much of your time at all as there are only 11 questions and it's just a matter of clicking the option you agree with .

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=4mm0qdnb5ilqeih137258

Thank you in advance, everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for bumping again, but bump! I know these things are a pain but it would really be helping me out

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=4mm0qdnb5ilqeih137258

ReputationRep:
    Ugly as sin; just like the coat trailing scum bags who paint them.

I am from Northern Ireland and it's a grotty little hole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    Ugly as sin; just like the coat trailing scum bags who paint them.

I am from Northern Ireland and it's a grotty little hole.
    Haha, thanks for the response
    It's interesting to see the different opinions on them, I think!

ReputationRep:
    I did the survey. Belfast is a hole and probably always will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddman10)
    I did the survey. Belfast is a hole and probably always will be.
    Thanks for completing the survey

ReputationRep:
    The ones in the Catholic areas are good.

ReputationRep:
    Completed the survey for you since I'm from NI and see them quite a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angury)
    Completed the survey for you since I'm from NI and see them quite a lot.
    Thank you!

(Original post by QuentinMids)
    The ones in the Catholic areas are good.
    I'd agree, some are fantastically painted! I walked around the Shankill and Falls a day and had a look at some of them, I like the way a lot of them tell a story about something.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the loyalist ones seem to border on attention seeking, but the republican ones carry a message afterall they were the ones fighting agaisnt injustice. The likes of Johnyn Adair were in it for show.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to give my opinion on the Cú Chulainn murals. I try to respect peoples culture but not when they try to twist other peoples culture to suit their own.

http://shankillwelcomesyou.co.uk/wp-...6/DSC00352.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/3...541c3d51b3.jpg

This character was an Irish mythical hero, the loyalists have presented him as a hardcore British loyalist fighting against the Irish, the character was Irish himself.
    He was created by the ancestors of their enemies.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I would be more than happy to do your study, and I was wondering whether in return you might do mine. I hope we can come together to get both of our projects completed.

Here is a quick intro to me and my study:

I am a British Psychology Postdoc doing some psychology research over here at the University of Lodz, Poland. I am comparing how British and Polish people conceptualise emotions. You can probably understand the pressure I'm under as I need about 50 British participants and this is not easy as there are not too many Brits in Poland – so I am calling on any British people who might be able to help me out. It would be a massive help and favour if you could help me.

The experiment is quite easy and you can do it on any computer/laptop. It's an online task in which you need to put emotions into groups. Please send me an email if you can do this experiment and I will send you a link to the experiment and further details:

[email protected]

Please note that you need to be a native speaker of British English (i.e., not American, Australian English etc.) to take part in this experiment.

Best wishes,

Paul

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.