Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For this production, I've been asked to act primarily as the role of Director/Producer/Editor/Presenter. My brief is to create a short film (1-2 minutes) on a poem of my choice, as long as it isn't below 180 words. I must choose a poem, which is from an accepted published author. 'Anon' from the internet is not acceptable. Any ideas?
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by JacksonFraser)
    For this production, I've been asked to act primarily as the role of Director/Producer/Editor/Presenter. My brief is to create a short film (1-2 minutes) on a poem of my choice, as long as it isn't below 180 words. I must choose a poem, which is from an accepted published author. 'Anon' from the internet is not acceptable. Any ideas?

You should experiment, upload a video on to youtube and use animations to make your point

Pick a poem that you know and love, mine would probably be some of Edgar A. Poes lesser known love poetry because there's so much to say about it. To Helen would be a good example:

Spoiler:
    Show

Helen, thy beauty is to me
    Like those Nicean barks of yore
    That gently, o'er a perfumed sea,
    The weary, way-worn wanderer bore
    To his own native shore.

On desperate seas long wont to roam,
    Thy hyacinth hair, thy classic face,
    Thy Naiad airs have brought me home
    To the glory that was Greece,
    And the grandeur that was Rome.

Lo, in yon brilliant window-niche
    How statue-like I see thee stand,
    The agate lamp within thy hand,
    Ah! Psyche, from the regions which
    Are Holy Land!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.