Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'd say they'd give out 90
    No more. No less. If any reject they stick it on Xtra and Clearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I'd say they'd give out 90
    No more. No less. If any reject they stick it on Xtra and Clearing
    Actually I think they usually give out more offers than they have places... they expect some people to reject them, some people to not make the grades, etc, so they try and plan for this.

I think even Oxbridge give out more offers than they have places, although the ratio is probably slightly lower than at other Unis, because very few people with an Oxbridge place will reject it.

ReputationRep:
    So, if the course is on UCAS extra, it means, even at the current moment, there is less than 90 people who have the university down as their firm choice? And if there is 90 places, surely there is more than 90 people with firm places for that course, as they expect people to miss the grades surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    So, if the course is on UCAS extra, it means, even at the current moment, there is less than 90 people who have the university down as their firm choice? And if there is 90 places, surely there is more than 90 people with firm places for that course, as they expect people to miss the grades surely?
    I don't know... I was looking at UCAS Extra just now, and there were courses on there that friends of mine who were over qualified for got rejected from because there was so many applicants. So I'm a little confused right now...

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham has law through extra?? Doesnt make sense when they are rejecting people left right and centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Nottingham has law through extra?? Doesnt make sense when they are rejecting people left right and centre.
    Yeah, I know... maybe it doesn't get taken off extra until they've made all their final decisions, because I think there's still people waiting to hear from Notts for Law. Otherwise, I'm really confused.

ReputationRep:
    That was a beast to read, at least I know now though, like I say not particularly relevant to me but definately is to a lot of my mates..

ReputationRep:
    with regards 2 ucas extra - can u apply 2 4 a course at a uni, even if u got rejected the first time???

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.