LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I'd say they'd give out 90
No more. No less. If any reject they stick it on Xtra and Clearing
Actually I think they usually give out more offers than they have places... they expect some people to reject them, some people to not make the grades, etc, so they try and plan for this.

I think even Oxbridge give out more offers than they have places, although the ratio is probably slightly lower than at other Unis, because very few people with an Oxbridge place will reject it.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
So, if the course is on UCAS extra, it means, even at the current moment, there is less than 90 people who have the university down as their firm choice? And if there is 90 places, surely there is more than 90 people with firm places for that course, as they expect people to miss the grades surely?
LongGone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
So, if the course is on UCAS extra, it means, even at the current moment, there is less than 90 people who have the university down as their firm choice? And if there is 90 places, surely there is more than 90 people with firm places for that course, as they expect people to miss the grades surely?
I don't know... I was looking at UCAS Extra just now, and there were courses on there that friends of mine who were over qualified for got rejected from because there was so many applicants. So I'm a little confused right now...
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nottingham has law through extra?? Doesnt make sense when they are rejecting people left right and centre.
LongGone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Nottingham has law through extra?? Doesnt make sense when they are rejecting people left right and centre.
Yeah, I know... maybe it doesn't get taken off extra until they've made all their final decisions, because I think there's still people waiting to hear from Notts for Law. Otherwise, I'm really confused.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
That was a beast to read, at least I know now though, like I say not particularly relevant to me but definately is to a lot of my mates..
zero101
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
with regards 2 ucas extra - can u apply 2 4 a course at a uni, even if u got rejected the first time???
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (0)
0%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (0)
0%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (3)
30%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (1)
10%
No, nothing has changed (2)
20%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (4)
40%

Watched Threads