Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everybody! Just hoping you guys could give me some advice on which school to attend. I have gotten Unconditional Offers from both for a MA/MSc in International Business and Management. They are both around the same area, but I am not from London or even the UK so I can only get information from the internet. Any key points or suggestions you guys might have between University of Westminister and University of West London? Also, is anyone else starting postgrad at either Uni in Sept 2013?! Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Westminster in September, so I can't really tell you what it's like yet. I only know the area, so I'll give you a little info:

If you're first year undergrad and are staying in halls, you'll find yourself in Wembley. It's considered a little bit 'rough' but has all the regular shops and a decent pub or two.

As for West London, I've stayed there with a friend quite a few times and know a few people there. According to them, the teaching and feedback is rather terrible. The lecturers rarely reply to emails/other concerns and so on. Bare in mind this info is just from passing conversation with about 5 or 6 people studying psychology/law/business/accounting there.

As for the halls at West London (I think it's called Paragon) and the surrounding area, it's really not made for those who enjoy social life/nights out/clubbing etc. It's situated in Brentford and only has one or two pubs which are average and a small hub that occasionally hosts pretty crappy events. There is hardly anything else at all to do there with the only redeeming factor being that the campus/halls are within 10 minutes of a train station/grocery store.

So, if you prefer things being quiet and like to stay in a lot, West London would probably be for you. If you prefer a bit more of a social atmosphere with a reasonably quick tube ride into central, I'd advise Westminster.

Again, all of this is only based on my opinions and stuff that I've passed along from students staying there, but I hope this helps somewhat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpicyThighs)
    I'm off to Westminster in September, so I can't really tell you what it's like yet. I only know the area, so I'll give you a little info:

If you're first year undergrad and are staying in halls, you'll find yourself in Wembley. It's considered a little bit 'rough' but has all the regular shops and a decent pub or two.

As for West London, I've stayed there with a friend quite a few times and know a few people there. According to them, the teaching and feedback is rather terrible. The lecturers rarely reply to emails/other concerns and so on. Bare in mind this info is just from passing conversation with about 5 or 6 people studying psychology/law/business/accounting there.

As for the halls at West London (I think it's called Paragon) and the surrounding area, it's really not made for those who enjoy social life/nights out/clubbing etc. It's situated in Brentford and only has one or two pubs which are average and a small hub that occasionally hosts pretty crappy events. There is hardly anything else at all to do there with the only redeeming factor being that the campus/halls are within 10 minutes of a train station/grocery store.

So, if you prefer things being quiet and like to stay in a lot, West London would probably be for you. If you prefer a bit more of a social atmosphere with a reasonably quick tube ride into central, I'd advise Westminster.

Again, all of this is only based on my opinions and stuff that I've passed along from students staying there, but I hope this helps somewhat

Awesome! Thanks for the info! Im glad I decided on Westminster! I start in September as well, post grad in business. I applied for housing too, hopefully I'll get into Marylebone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.