I did crap! (24)
24.74%
ma3eeni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hotfreezer)
It does help because you can use the values you've obtained for mean and sigma to calculate the area in the middle (do you know what i mean) which should give you 0.5 and if it doesnt then you've gone wrong somewhere. I only used it to double check my answer.
noo i read it to 3sf .. would they take a mark for it?
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you cant lose marks for being more accurate can you?
hotfreezer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ma3eeni)
you cant lose marks for being more accurate can you?
I'm not sure, but for the past papers i've done, i've always had marks taken off for not giving the answer to the specified degree of accuracy, but our teacher was very strict so i dont know if they actually will in the real exam (although she was an examiner last year and the year before).

but if they do they'll probs take 1 mark off max. i reckon, so nothing to get worried about
Wootty
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OK... Now, I'm not stupid - I don't think... On the last question, the Venn Diagram, a LOT of people in my class got conflicting answers. I got the number of people outside ABC, equal to 41... and for
6a) 1/5
6b) 41/100
6c) 1/10

Anyone else got any ideas on how accurate this is?
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not sure, but for the past papers i've done, i've always had marks taken off for not giving the answer to the specified degree of accuracy, but our teacher was very strict so i dont know if they actually will in the real exam (although she was an examiner last year and the year before).

but if they do they'll probs take 1 mark off max. i reckon, so nothing to get worried about
i hope they wont cuz i did very bad in other parts .. :'(
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Wootty)
OK... Now, I'm not stupid - I don't think... On the last question, the Venn Diagram, a LOT of people in my class got conflicting answers. I got the number of people outside ABC, equal to 41... and for
6a) 1/5
6b) 41/100
6c) 1/10

Anyone else got any ideas on how accurate this is?
i got for a 1/10 ..
b 41/100
c 21/100
and d 2/3
bigbadb1319
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i got 1/5 for 6a.
and i can't really rememba da rest. lol
btw, q2, the second 2 last question was really random, i didn't do that, n therefore couldn't do the one afta dats 6 marks down the drain....but odawise it wasn't 2 bad of a paper. First question was amzing...
Astudentinneed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the questions asked was so confusing as well...how many marks in total was the last question?

i messed up so much on that one question
Nuheen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ma3eeni)
i got for a 1/10 ..
b 41/100
c 21/100
and d 2/3
Looks Ok, I got the same as far as i remember. The last part I didnt use any formula, just looked at the venn diagram
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nuheen)
Looks Ok, I got the same as far as i remember. The last part I didnt use any formula, just looked at the venn diagram
yeah thats what i did .. and i got 2/3 .. did the formula and also got 2/3 .. so am sure its correct .. i hope ..
and btw i checked with a teacher who saw the paper .. they asked for 3 sifnificant figures ..
so it gives me room to mess up other questions ..
rachelrainbow32
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaap!
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
do you know how many raw marks you need to get UMR marks or sthg like that ..
hehehe
Nuheen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nicely put
NC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
on the normal distribution question I got mean = 1.700 (3dp) and sigma = 0.095 (3dp) and I used those to check the value of the middle bit (should be 0.5) and it worked. hope its right.

I thought that paper was one of the easiest s1 papers I've done :rolleyes:
That 's what I got! And Im'm sure it ws to 3 dp, (I did the edexcel paper). I didn't even have time to do the last question, it was so confusing, so thats around 13 marks lost for not doing the last question
jr2007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
isnt s1 like if you get 63 raw marks u get 100 ums
dominicbrown93
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i think you mean UMS lol, i once saw this graph and like 71-75 marks got put as full marks! on ums. but i think thats wishful thinking
dups45
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
which stats paper are you talking about i did the aqa one with coursework
NC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We are mainly taking about the Edexcel one, I think.
dominicbrown93
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
63 raw marks on edexcel and youve lost 12 marks so i dont think that could possibly be 100 ums. are you talkin about AQA?
A Levels Guy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how ca n the mean be 1.70 if the probability of getting atleast 1.78 is 20% and the probability of getting 1.65 is 70% therfore mean has to be lower than 1.65
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise