Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    its the number one in the uk and i want to get in sooooooo badly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's third for psychology actually, but of course it's going to be hard to get a place there since it's part of the Russell group.
    The entry requirements: http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun...n=1162902#CSRA

ReputationRep:
    If it's third behind oxford and cambridge, then it's first because it's the only one to offer straight psychology.

I didn't find it hard in that I applied, filled out my questionnaire, then got an offer all before then end of december. Some of my friends said they came to an open day, because they lived on mainland England and they basically showed them around and said you've all got offers if you want them, so now you've seen it I hope you do.

I also didn't have maths or biology, I just had Psychology as my A level science.

If you're getting the grades they're after you should be fine - if you want an help with the personal statement (maybe a bit past that) or questionnaire, then let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luccy.)
    If it's third behind oxford and cambridge, then it's first because it's the only one to offer straight psychology.

I didn't find it hard in that I applied, filled out my questionnaire, then got an offer all before then end of december. Some of my friends said they came to an open day, because they lived on mainland England and they basically showed them around and said you've all got offers if you want them, so now you've seen it I hope you do.

I also didn't have maths or biology, I just had Psychology as my A level science.

If you're getting the grades they're after you should be fine - if you want an help with the personal statement (maybe a bit past that) or questionnaire, then let me know
    thanks alot for the offer. ill def come to you if I have any questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's pretty competitive. I'm a second year if you want to ask any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    It's pretty competitive. I'm a second year if you want to ask any questions.
    I am thinking of applying to UCL to do Psychology. Recently heard that it's a bit lonely as it is in London and there is not much of a community feel. What do you think?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Sadie28)
    I am thinking of applying to UCL to do Psychology. Recently heard that it's a bit lonely as it is in London and there is not much of a community feel. What do you think?
    I found quite a strong sense of community living in halls, going to societies and members of the same degree. I would say it's less so than other unis such as campus ones or ones with colleges, but in general it's not that lonely.

ReputationRep:
    I now this is 3 years old but just in case anyone new the answer, i read some FAQ on the UCL website about psychology. I basically need proof of a heavy scientific "component" because psychology there is heavily science based. Does anyone know what they mean by scienctific component?

I am going to take Geography Maths and Psychology a level and am quite worried because I dont do chemistry or biology.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Esekanayo_)
    I now this is 3 years old but just in case anyone new the answer, i read some FAQ on the UCL website about psychology. I basically need proof of a heavy scientific "component" because psychology there is heavily science based. Does anyone know what they mean by scienctific component?

I am going to take Geography Maths and Psychology a level and am quite worried because I dont do chemistry or biology.
    They normally ask for 2 sciences, so if you can take chemistry (pref bio though) I would to improve your chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    They normally ask for 2 sciences, so if you can take chemistry (pref bio though) I would to improve your chances.
    Hi, I also know this post is three years old haha, but I was wondering about the scientific component in the psychology course at UCL - does it make it significantly harder than other psychology courses and how did you find it? I'm usually more interested in the social side of psychology, but I think doing experiments and practical work would be quite interesting and useful (and fun probs).
    Also, I read a stat that only 30% is assessed by coursework, so the majority is assessed by final end-of-year examinations. I'd say this is usually a con, did you find this more challenging or better personally? Did it seem like the work piled up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.