Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I have a B in maths and im doing the foundation English language which I should get a C in but with my coursework it should move up to a B is this okay

    It depends on what grades your school/college will allow.
    For example, at my school you need 5 A* - C grades with at least a 'C' in maths and a 'B' in English.
    However, I have known some schools (mine included) take students without a 'B', but the students were really willing to work.
    If you're going to do it at your school as an A Level, but you're worried that you're not going to have the right grades, speak to the Law Teacher (or Head of Law if there is more than one teacher) and explain your situation and that you want to take it, even if you don't meet the requirements -they should be understanding, especially since you have expressed an early interest in their subject.
    If you don't know what grades are needed for your school look at the prospectus or speak to one of the teachers of law.

    Hope this is helpful!

    I'd recommend asking a teacher at your sixth form/school or looking on their website at a prospectus, that will usually tell you

    I know at my sixth form I needed 5 A*-C including English and maths to get in, and a B in English to do law but it all differs ^_^
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.