Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey .

I know it isn't a massive issue but it still isn't a nice thing to have. Has anyone been in a similar situation and can recommend a really effective cream or advice?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey .

I know it isn't a massive issue but it still isn't a nice thing to have. Has anyone been in a similar situation and can recommend a really effective cream or advice?

Thanks
    I went to gp and got prescribed duac. It does require about 4 packs before it's nearly gone and half a year later, the spots on my back are nearly invisible.I can now wear a summer yop

ReputationRep:
    If you don't already (guessing you do), take regular showers whilst making sure you use a good quality flannel to scrub deep and clear the pores on your back.

The best topical cream I'd recommend is anything containing at least 5% benzoyl peroxide, cos that **** worked wonders on me years ago. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you're changing your bed sheets often enough. My brother hardly ever changes his sheets, and he's got a really spotty back. Hard to say there's not another underlying cause though. Try sleeping with your back on a fresh towel, then turn it over and use the other side the following night. May end up using a lot of towels but you should calm down your acne pretty quick. Cold showers are good for your skin too, closes up the pores. Could also try that.

ReputationRep:
    I had really bad acne as a teenager, went to the docs and tried a variety of treatments and eventually settled on roacctane which worked for me (can cause quite a few side effects though).

It was definately worth taking the trip there and they can advise on whether or not you need a prescription

ReputationRep:
    I can solve your problem, I love popping spots :daydreaming:

Nah, I've never actually had spots on my body but I had really bad acne on my face and the only thing that worked was Roaccutane. But I'd go and talk to your GP about it. It may be an allergy though? Maybe use unscented shower gels etc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.